chapter 21

─── ・ 。゚☆:

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

The party was already in full swing when Lucy and Jonathan arrived. People were either partying, drinking, or making out all over the place. The whole party was complete chaos by now.

Lucy handed over the keys and got out of the car. The cold air sent a shiver down her spine as she stepped out. It was pretty cold outside, but she didn't mind.

Leaving Jonathan, she went to go find Steve and Nancy. She heard cheering and loud screaming on the lawn so she went around them and into the house, not wanting to deal with whatever that was.

Lucy spotted the two of them dancing by the punch bowl and went over to talk to them. She was about to say something when Tommy H. and Billy stumbled over to them. Billy's chest was glistening with beer and sweat but he still looked good.

"We got ourselves a new Keg King, Harrington," Tommy said, lifting Billy's arm into the air. Billy looked Lucy up and down. He smiled wolfishly at her but didn't say anything.

"Oh yeah," Steve challenged, getting closer to them.

"Eat it, Harrington," some random kid yelled, walking past them.

Lucy didn't want to be around the boys any longer so she followed Nancy to the punch bowl. There was a guy in a bed sheet toga standing at the punch bowl yelling something about 'pure fuel' and as soon as he left Lucy grabbed a cup full of punch.

"Holy shit," Lucy coughed. "What is in this?" The punch was almost purely alcohol now with barely any punch left in it.

"Pure fuel?" Nancy suggested, making Lucy laugh.

Nancy had filled her cup fully almost 4 times now, chugging the contents and Lucy was increasingly getting more worried about her.

"You okay, Nancy?" Lucy asked, taking a sip of her drink.

"Yeah, yeah," Nancy drunkenly mumbled. Then she leaned in close to Lucy and said, "you know, you are my best friend."

"Of course Nance, yeah, I know that. How many drinks have you had though?"

"Do you like Jonathan? Like, are you two dating? You'd tell me, right?" Nancy clutched her cup full of punch to her chest and stared at Lucy.

"No, Nance, we aren't together. I don't even like him like that, just as a friend. I'd tell you before I dated anyone anyway."

"Oh, great," Nancy smiled. She tried to give Lucy a hug but spilled her drink all over the floor in between them, getting some red punch on the end of Lucy's white dress and some on her shoes.

"Maybe you should take it easy on the drinks, Nance," Lucy suggested, trying to grab her cup. Nancy groaned and pulled it towards her, getting another drink.

"Woah, woah! Hey! Nancy, take it easy. Why don't you just come with me?" Steve said, trying to get Nancy to stop drinking. He tried to grab her cup but she just pulled away.

"She did the same thing with me," Lucy said.

"Lucy, I thought you weren't coming. Nancy," he looked at her, "she never said you were."

"Yeah, well, Jonathan wanted me to come and find a boyfriend," Lucy said, rolling her eyes. Her cup was filled again and she took another drink.

"Really?" Steve asked, surprised. Steve didn't want Lucy to find a boyfriend, especially not here while she was getting drunk.

"Yeah, but I'm not really seeing any hot people around here," Lucy joked.

"Oh, yeah," Steve laughed weakly.

The atmosphere between them was getting to be very awkward so Lucy pretended she had to go, just to get away from him. Luckily, drunk Nancy was pissed off at Steve for something so she took it as an opportunity to get away.

Lucy found herself walking upstairs, sort of wandering around the house. With the music blasting in the house, she didn't hear what was happening behind the door before she opened it, and after she did she slammed it shut not wanting to see it again.

Seeing a bit of smoke coming out from the bottom of one of the doors, she decided to open it. When she opened the door the smoke barreled outside and into the hallway. The smoke was thin and kinda smelled bad but she walked in and shut the door behind her.

She'd never smoked weed before because her dad would know she had it before she even had it, but here she was at Tina's Halloween party getting offered weed by a kid she didn't even know. The shaggy brown haired boy was respectfully dressed like a hippie and so were all of his friends. He looked at them before looking at Lucy, holding out a blunt for her to take. Lucy smiled before walking over and joining them.

Immediately after Lucy's first hit she felt the effects of the weed kicking in. The dim lights in the room got brighter and her eyes hung low. She felt happier, the music in the house got louder, it was like her senses were heightened. It felt incredible, euphoric even. She was happy.