chapter 37

─── ・ 。゚☆:

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Everything was going perfectly fine until Steve woke up. Lucy was focused on the mission and Mike giving her directions until Dustin started talking to Steve in the back.

"You put up a good fight. He kicked your ass, but you put up a good fight," Dustin said to Steve as he came to.

"What's going on?" Steve asked, trying to sit up while in the cramped backseat.

"Oh, you're awake," Lucy said looking at him through the rearview mirror. "Good morning sunshine." She laughed and glanced back at the road. Looking at Steve again, she said," you look like shit."

"Yeah, and that black eye really flatters you."

"Aw, thank you, Stevie," Lucy laughed.

"Look out!" Mike yelled as Lucy almost hit a road sign, but quickly swerved out of the way.

"I thought you had your driver's license," Lucas grumbled.

"I do. Steve was distracting me," Lucy said, paying attention to the road.

"Oh, wait! That's Mount Sinai! Left, make a left!" Mike yelled.

"What?"

"A left!" Mike repeated.

The tires squealed and left a mark on the road as Lucy swerved to the left and took out the sign in front of the farm. Everyone inside the car screamed, praying that Lucy wouldn't kill them. She drove through the pumpkin patch and quickly stopped the car before it fell down the ditch Hopper had dug.

"Incredible," Mike said smiling. "I like when you drive."

"I'm gonna hurl," Steve said, pushing himself out of the car.

"I don't always drive like this. Usually I know where I'm going and can see perfectly fine," Lucy said, touching her black eye.

Everyone piled out and started to put their gear from the trunk on, but Steve just complained while leaning against the car. Lucy snapped the goggles on her face and immediately winced. It hurt to wear them but she did anyway.

"Where do you think you guys are going?" Steve yelled while clinging onto the car door for support. "We aren't going down there, I made myself clear!" Steve grabbed Dustin's arm when he was reaching in the trunk.

Dustin sighed and said, "I get it, you're upset, but a party member requires assistance and it's our duty to provide that assistance." He reached back into the trunk and grabbed the rest of the equipment, pulling out some for Steve. "I know you promised Hopper to keep us safe, so keep us safe."

Lucy jumped down the hole first and then Mike followed her. As soon as he was in the tunnels Lucy helped him read the map that they made. The rest of them started coming down through the hole but Mike was ready to start moving. The walk was mostly quiet except for the occasional complaining or someone tripping over the root-like tentacles in the tunnel.