chapter 32

─── ・ 。゚☆:

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

"Dad? Are you there?" Lucy whispered into her walkie talkie. She was sitting on a pile of rubble out of hearing reach of the group so she could call her dad. "Dad, it's me, Lucy. Over."

Lucy had tried to contact Hopper via radio on the tracks earlier but he hadn't answered so she thought she'd try again now. She hit the radio but it still only produced static noise and no reply.

"I'm not sure where you are, but you haven't called over the radio in at least 24 hours. I'm getting really worried. Where are you?"

Hopper was a mostly strict father, especially after Sara died. He made Lucy have a weekday curfew, radioed her every couple of hours when she was away to check up on her, and didn't let her out with people he didn't know. It made sense to him since he was a police officer, but Lucy didn't like the rules...until now. He always radios in but since he hasn't been she's worried about him. She hasn't seen or heard from him in over 24 hours and that never happens.

Lucy didn't know that Hopper had been in the tunnels made by the demogorgon. She didn't know that he hadn't picked up his walkie talkie that was in his car when he was brought into the Hawkins lab. She didn't know where he was. She didn't even know if he was okay or not.

"I don't know where you're at but please radio back." A small tear slid down her cheek and she quickly wiped it away when Steve walked over to her.

"Hey." He noticed her wipe the tears away. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Lucy said, lifting herself up from the ground and wiping any dirt away that may have been on her.

"Are you sure because-" He was cut off.

"I said I'm fine. I don't want to talk about it right now."

Lucy stormed off and clipped the walkie inside of her jacket. She quickly got back to helping the process of fortifying the bus and Steve just watched her go with a confused look on his face.

'Girls sure are confusing,' he thought and went to go help Dustin carry metal pieces.

After a little bit of yelling from Steve and some hard work, they finished the bus and now the only thing to do was wait for Dart to follow the trail of raw meat right to them.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Four of them sat inside the bus while Lucas was on the lookout with his binoculars on the roof. There was no sign of movement outside so they just talked while waiting. Lucy and Max talked about everything and learned they had a lot in common like both liking the color yellow, both have skateboards, and neither loves Billy. Dustin and Steve, on the other hand, didn't really talk, but they both sort of observed the girls on the other side of the bus.