chapter 34

─── ・ 。゚☆:

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Leaving her dad, Lucy went to the bathroom to wipe her tears away. She looked at herself in the mirror and attempted a smile, pretending this wasn't as weird as it was. She wiped her tears away with a tissue and then threw it away. Stepping out of the bathroom, she bumped into Nancy walking in.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Lucy quickly apologized. She suddenly felt more nervous around Nancy.

"No, no, it's fine," Nancy replied. Lucy nodded and started going back down the hallway when Nancy called out her name. "Lucy, wait!" Lucy stopped and turned back around waiting for Nancy to say something.

"What is it?" Lucy questioned when Nancy didn't say anything.

"It's just- I," she took a deep breath. "You and Steve are so good with the kids. They really listen to you guys. "

"Thanks," she laughed. "It was mostly Steve though."

"You guys are a great team," Nancy smiled.

"Oh I don't-" She was cut off by Nancy.

"No, really," she insisted, "you two work well together."

"There isn't anything going on between us if that's what you're saying," Lucy said. Steve had told Lucy about what happened at Tina's party, but she wasn't really sure what was between him and Nancy now and she didn't want Nancy to be mad at her.

"Actually, I think it's good if you two are together."

"You do?" Lucy asked considerably confused.

"Yeah, I think it was meant to be. You and Steve are good together and maybe I'm better off with," Nancy looked towards the boy looking at the drawings on the living room walls and smiled," someone else. " Lucy liked the thought of Jonathan and Nancy together, she always knew it would happen.

"There's not a maybe between you two. You two are meant for each other, "Lucy smiled. Nancy smiled and quickly pulled Lucy into a hug. She was glad she got to talk to someone else about how she felt.

"Lucy," Hopper called from the other room. "Get in here."

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Everyone in the Byers house crowded around the kitchen table as Dustin slammed a book down.

"The Mind Flayer," Dustin stated.

"What the hell is that?" Hopper questioned, standing beside Lucy.

"It's a monster from an unknown dimension. It is so ancient it doesn't know its real home," Dustin tried to explain to the older man who clearly didn't understand. "It basically enslaves people's minds with its psionic powers."

"None of this is real, it's a kids game," Hopper scoffed.

"It's not for kids," Dustin sighed. "Unless you know something we don't then this is the best analogy we've got."