chapter 07

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The moment the cops pulled Will Byers' small, lifeless body out of the quarry was a devastating point in time for the entire town of Hawkins. His death, now confirmed, brought so much pain and sorrow to this already sorry, sad sack of a town. Knowing that the young boy, Will Byers, was gone forever left an unsettling feeling within the town. It put a stain on the town's place on the map. Hawkins just didn't feel the same anymore.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

At the Wheeler's house, one teenager and four children sat around in a circle in the basement, discussing something that was way too old for most of them. Mike tried to explain the 'radio incident' to the three of them, not including Eleven. He claimed to have heard Will's voice on his radio, even though he was just pronounced dead yesterday.

"Okay, so what you're telling me is that she has superpowers? And that her name... is the number eleven?" Lucy blinked harshly, not really believing the words that came out of her own mouth.

Lucy looked around at the boys sitting next to her to see if what she was saying was correct. The boys had to catch Lucy up on what she's missed about the girl who's been staying in Mike's basement for several days.

"Yeah! Like the X-Men," Mike beamed at her.

Looking at Lucy was the only time Mike had spent not looking at Eleven, who was working on his radio. Suddenly, the radio picked up some kind of noise. It sounded like whimpering or crying and it started to fade in and out as El tried to make the signal stronger with her mind.

The signal isn't very strong but you hear it right?" Mike asked, looking at the group. He was hoping for a yes or any type of reassurance, but received nothing but Lucas' doubt.

"I can hear a baby. The radio probably tapped into the Blackburn's baby monitor next door."

Lucas didn't think it was Will, but he was a glass half empty kind of person, not very optimistic. To be honest, Lucy wasn't really sure it was Will either, it was only a brief noise and she couldn't tell. Everyone wanted to believe that Will was alive and be as hopeful as Mike, but there was no real proof.

"That didn't even sound like a baby... Right, Luce?"

Mike put Lucy on the spot. Everyone immediately looked at her, waiting for an answer. She didn't want to discourage him or the search but she wanted to be as real as possible.

"It could be Will," she started slowly, "or... a baby. You said he was singing before, if he could do it again then we'd know for sure. Is there any way that could happen?"

Lucas shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"This is crap! Are you actually believing this?"

"Well, remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger? He sounded a lot like that. Scared," Dustin said, finally speaking up.