chapter 20

─── ・ 。゚☆:

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Lucy was finishing her soft colored makeup look to go with her costume when Eleven walked in Lucy's room and sat on her bed.

"What are you doing?" Eleven asked.

"Putting on makeup," Lucy replied, looking at El through the mirror.

"Why? Are you going somewhere?"

"A Halloween party," Lucy said, trying to put her mascara on, making the innocent makeup edgier. "And before you ask if you can come, you can't."

"Why not?" El said, getting mad. She wasn't allowed to go out on Halloween and Lucy was and that made her angry.

"It's a party for older kids, people that are in high school."

"What do you think about the makeup?" Lucy asked, spinning around in her chair.

"Pretty," El said, smiling at her older sister.

If Eleven said something was pretty that was the highest praise you could receive. Lucy smiled, thankful it looked good.

"Dad, er, Hopper said that he would bring candy home and that you could watch movies with him tonight. I might stay over Jonathan's house after the party, so I probably won't be joining you guys later. And before you say anything else about the party, I already told Hop I was going."

"Okay. I will wait for you," El said, walking out of the room. Peeking her head back in, she said, "I like your costume. It's pretty."

"Thanks," Lucy said, following her out into the living room. She grabbed her bag with extra clothes in it and stood behind the couch watching El flick through the channels with her mind.

Eleven never said many words when Hopper was around, but she also didn't know a lot of words in general so she never really spoke that much. Eleven and Lucy were just like real sisters and they did talk a lot, except when Lucy had to leave her alone at the cabin, but they really did love each other like siblings.

"Okay El, I'm leaving now and I might be back later tonight and if not, like I said, I'll be staying at Jonathan's house. See you later, El."

After Eleven waved goodbye from the couch Lucy left and started the walk to her car.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Lucy pulled up to Jonathan's house and got out of the car and slipped into the driver's seat of Jonathan's car, not wanting to drive hers. Hearing her pull up, the two boys said goodbye to their mom and left to go meet Lucy in the car. Will was wearing a costume, but Jonathan wasn't.

"What are you wearing?" Jonathan asked, getting into the passenger seat. He tossed over the keys and she scoffed.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Lucy said, turning the car on and pulling out of the driveway. "It's a Halloween party, you know? That means you're supposed to dress up. Right Will?"

"Yeah," Will said, smiling from the backseat.

The costume Lucy picked out for herself was beautiful and innocent, but not what Jonathan expected. He honestly didn't expect her to wear any costume considering she didn't even want to go to the party.

Lucy was wearing a short, white dress, white ankle boots, and her makeup was done very nicely. The red contrast of her hair looked amazing with the all white outfit and the halo she wore on her head. The only thing that she wore that wasn't white was the black leather jacket on top of it all.

"What, you don't like it?"

"I do like it, I just wasn't expecting it," Jonathan said, looking at Lucy. "Where are your wings, Angel?"

"Can't wear any with this jacket on."

"I see... Aren't you cold?" Jonathan asked, glancing at the short dress she was wearing. A lot of skin on her legs were showing and he was worried she'd be freezing later on at the party.

"No, no. I'm fine."

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

"I just don't get what she sees in him," Jonathan said as Lucy pulled into the Wheeler's driveway.

"And who are we talking about again?" Lucy asked.

"Bob."

"Newby? From the RadioShack?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"I was just in there the other day and he helped me out. He seems like a nice guy to me," Lucy said.

"A little too nice," Jonathan replied.

"At least he doesn't treat me differently," Will said. "I mean, I can't even go trick or treating by myself because I need two chaperones. It's so lame."

"You think we're lame?" Lucy asked, turning around in her seat to look at Will.

"No, but it's not like Nancy's coming to watch over Mike when we go out."

"If I let you go without us, will you promise to stay in the neighborhood? And you have to be back at Mike's by 9:00 so I can pick you up," Jonathan said.

"9:30?" Will tried to convince him.

"9:00. Deal?"

Will nodded.

"All right. Will, don't let any of your spazzy friends use this," Jonathan said as he handed over the large camera that Bob gave them.

"Okay. I won't." Will took the camera and started walking to his friends when Jonathan yelled out to him.

"I hope it doesn't suck." Jonathan was imitating Dracula and Will laughed.

"What is that Dracula thing about?" Lucy asked, pulling out of the driveway.

"It's just Bob," Jonathan laughed.

"Oh," Lucy said, still not really understanding.