기다림 Wait

Every other day after my lunch date with Lisa.
Something was always delivered right to my desk.

If it's not a bouquet. It's a delightful dessert and different kinds of dishes.

She put extra effort into it. Which made me expecting it every other day to come.

She comes and visits from time to time. Which sometimes I remind my secretary to tell her that I was out of town or I'm busy entertain her.

That runs for two months in time that she always does that.

You can't blame me for being overprotective when it comes to the matter of the heart. I have been through a lot these past few years.
And I'm protecting my son, our son Liam. I don't want her to enter his life and run away again.

I don't know what's wrong with my mind but I don't want to exaggerate things, I'm just terrified.

It was after work that I was about to get out of the building when I noticed a familiar figure sitting on the chair in the lobby of the building.

I glanced at my watch It was 6 p.m. And she was dozing off on the chair. Beside her is a bouquet of yellow daisies.

"Lisa! Lisa!?" I poked her shoulder for her to wake up.

"Uh! Oh! Jennie!" she suddenly stands up and gave me the flowers.

This is what I get even I was sadly ignoring her.

"I have waited for you to come back, to gave you this, Your secretary said that you are on a meeting, so I told her I will wait" Oh! Gosh.

"How long have you been here!?" I asked her as she rubs the palm of her hand on her eyes.

"Ummm. I was here around 1 p.m." I am so guilty right now. I clearly instructed my secretary when Lisa would come, Tell her I'm out, and think about something to say.

She informed her that I was in a meeting. Which is untrue. I was just in my office the whole day. I didn't know she would wait for hours to see me.

"Why would you wait to see me like this!?" I asked her.

"I'm sorry Jen, I just have to see you, I'm going home to Thailand in the morning, and I just wanted to say goodbye" Why am I missing her already?

"Oh! When will you be back!?" I mumbled.

"I don't know, maybe a couple of months, or even a year, I have to deal with lots of things back home" This is the type of thing that I am protecting Liam from.

"Well goodbye and take care Lisa," I said bluntly to her. And started to walk away from her.

But she stops me. I have noticed her eyes weren't glowing. Her eyes pictured sadness instead.

"I'm going to miss you, Jen," she said to me. Why my stupid brain wants me to hug her and my heart wanted her to stay?

"Jen, is it okay, just for this night, can I take you for dinner, I promise you, I'm just asking you as a friend, It's just a friendly dinner"
She crossed her heart. She has this pleading tone in her voice.

I just looked at her for a couple of minutes.

This waiting game is just annoying sometimes. My brain says no, but my heart is screaming Yes.

"Okay!,But I have to change" I told her.

"Hey! No need, you are just perfectly fine" She said as we walked towards the entrance.