𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 7 - 𝒜𝓃𝓃𝑜𝓎𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒

♢

First person pov

More hours went by after I returned to the van, and the same boring silence from before repeated itself.

I was now on the back seat of the van, laying around lazily, looking at the boring gray ceiling. Five didn't say or make any sound at all this whole time, he looked like a robot. It was almost creepy.

However, the silence was broken by the boy's breathing, that suddenly got heavier and quicker. That immediately made me shot up from my seat, and approach him from behind, getting a glance of his face that seemed to be frozen in fear and confusion.

_"Five?"-I whispered softly, not trying to startle him with my sudden proximity. But he didn't hear me at all. He kept himself frozen in place, his chest moving faster by every second.

_"Five!"-This time, I actually shouted at him, and still, he didn't change his state at all. It was starting to actually worry me, as the despair in his eyes was completely unusual from what I knew about him.

So, my next best idea besides calling him, was slapping him harshly across the face.

_"Ow!"-The boy finally "said" something, and turned in shock to look at me, with a hand on his cheek that was slowly turning into a strong crimson color.

_"What was that for?!"

_"I don't know, you kinda blacked out and it freaked me, I didn't know what to do!"

_"So you decided to slap me?!"

_"I tried calling your name first but you didn't answer!"-I furrowed my brows at the boy who was still looking at me in shock. I sighed, and pulled his hand out of his cheek.

_"Shit...it might bruise."

_"What?!"

_"I'm sorry! I didn't know I could be that strong!"

_"How do you not know your own strength?!"

_"I already apologized!"-I exclaimed at last, and the boy only huffed before pulling his hand out of my grip harshly.

I got back into the back seat, crossing my arms in frustration. I was actually trying to help him, and even if it wasn't exactly the most convenient way ever, a "thank you" coming from him wouldn't hurt.

Wait...I helped him genuinely?

_"...Thank you."-I heard the boy muttering, and my eyes widened a tiny bit. Well, I wasn't expecting that.

_"Come again?"

_"I'm not repeating myself."-A smile slowly appeared on my lips, seeing the boy flustered. Well, maybe flustered wasn't the best way to define that, but it's a funnier way to put it.