𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 8 - 𝑅𝑜𝓂𝑒𝑜 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒥𝓊𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓉

♢

First person pov

Five insisted that both of us kept an eye at that suspicious guy, that I soon learned was named...Lance? Grant? I honestly couldn't fixate the name in my mind. But it wasn't that important, so, whatever.

So, as Five wanted, we did that. We watched his apartment entrance for the entire night, even though I insisted that the guy was just asleep and wouldn't go anywhere. That boy was extremely stubborn.

Now, it was pretty early in the morning. The sky had only just cleared out completely, and birds started singing like crazy. It would be a quite comforting way to wake up, if I had actually slept.

_"You think he's leaving his house today?"-I asked tiredly, hugging my stolen bottle of vodka while trying to keep myself awake.

_"He is. I know he is."

_"Are you clairvoyant now? How can you tell for sure?"

_"I saw a picture of a dog when I went to his office. So, he has a dog. Which means, he's leaving at some point to walk it. Right?"

_"...Your mind works in mysterious ways."-I scoffed at my own speech, leaning my head on the van's door.

_"Like, what if the dog isn't even his? What if the dog isn't here? What if he's a horrible dog owner who doesn't take it to walks? There's so many factors that can ruin your theory here."

_"Well, then I'm pretty damn lucky, huh?"-Five spoke, and I could just feel the cockiness in his voice. I turned to look, and of course, he had a shit-eating grin on his face.

The suspicious guy was leaving his house with a small dog in hands.

_"Oh, there's no way your not clairvoyant. Are you sure the spatial jumping is your only power? Cause-"-I could keep going with my explanation, but Five grabbed my wrist harshly.

I felt a sudden dizziness and my eyesight went blurry for a second. When things went back into focus, I wasn't in the van anymore. Instead, I was on the backseat of a car, Five in the passenger seat in front of me, keeping a pocket knife pressed on the random guy's neck.

_"What the-"

_"One chance. That's all you've got. One chance to tell me exactly what's going on in that lab!"-Five cut me off again, to threaten the man. At least he was following my advice.

_"I...I manufacture prosthetic devices for fake patients. I bill the insurance companies and then sell them for cash on the black market."-The guy spoke as quickly as he could, his eyes wide, staring at the murderous looking kid. While that was happening, I felt a sudden weight on my lap.

Looking down, I saw the guy's dog, climbing on me and snuggling itself on my tights. I suppose it was quite cute, but I didn't really know what to do. I was never the best when it came to dealing with animals.