𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 16 - 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒽𝑜𝓌'𝓈 𝒪𝓋𝑒𝓇

♢

First person pov

_"You know that's not how we do things here..."-Both me and Five looked at the door frame in surprise when we heard the female's voice. The Handler stood there, smirking, but at the same time almost angry.

Five quickly tried to look as calm as possible, leaning on the machine like he didn't just betray the Commission for the second time, with my help. I mimicked the same move, casually patting my skirt in place.

_"Where's Gloria?"

_"Don't know. Couldn't find her anywhere."-Five quickly answered, but the luck wasn't at our side, because the mentioned woman, that was still unconscious on the floor, hid behind the desk, decided to let out a loud groan that got The Handler attention.

_"...Fuck."-I muttered to myself, as Five slowly approached me, knowing we were discovered.

_"...You're a great disappointment to me. You can't change what's to come, Five. I truly find it so odd that you can't shed this fantasy. You're a first rate pragmatist! You belong here with us."-I found it very odd that she didn't mention me in her discourse. Perhaps she thought me helping Five was still part of an act. Well, at least she wouldn't truly try to stop me. It was a positive thing for now.

_"I don't belong anywhere, thanks to you. You made me a killer."-Five's voice was louder than normal. You could easily tell he was angry. And I couldn't blame him.

The Commission had the power of bringing the worst in people. Or even creating that "worse".

_"You were always a killer. I just pointed you in a direction."-The Handler said, while unzipping the bottom part of her dress, creating a leg slit where she could reach for a gun she kept strapped to her thigh that she immediately pointed at us.

Five, catching up to what she intended, quickly reached to grab me and spatial jump both of us out of the bullet's trajectory. We ended up landing behind of what looked like a shopping cart full of unused golden tubes. While that happened, someone must've heard the gunshots and set off the security alarm, that now resonated and echoed around annoyingly.

_"Okay, I did my smart move already, tell me you got a plan."-I whispered at Five, that sat by my side while gripping my forearm tightly.

_"...We'll have to improvise."-He said before simply kicking the cart as he saw The Handler passing right by our side. His idea wasn't very efficient, and the woman quickly turned to us and started shooting, but Five managed to spatial jump both of us away once again.

This time, we landed n a very different place from the tube room. In fact, I was at that room just a few hours before.

The Handler's office.

_"What...are we doing here?"-I asked as Five almost ran towards The Handler collection of deadly historical objects. She never shut up about those things.