Chapter Twenty-Eight: Exposed

Ama's POV-

Once my sister had finally left for her date, I let out a sigh before pulling out my homework. I know Zai won't do hers until she gets back, if she does it at all.

I hear a knock on the front door, and I hurry to answer it before Aizawa can. I know that Kirishima and Kaminari have already been here, but none of the others know we're staying with Aizawa and I'd like to keep it that way. Zai probably couldn't care less, but she hasn't said anything about it.

Unfortunately I wasn't fast enough, as Aizawa is already at the door. "M-Mr. Aizawa!" I hear Momo's voice from the other side, making me cringe from embarrassment. "I-I must have gotten the wrong house, I'm sorry! I'm looking for Ama, and I could have sworn this was her address.."

"It is," Aizawa says in his usual deadpan tone of voice. He still has bandages all over his face and arm, so it makes him look a bit odd. "They're staying with me, but I assume they must not have told you this."

Well, shit, I think to myself as I make my way over. Maybe I should have asked Aizawa to keep it a secret, I didn't think he would say anything.

Momo tilts her head in confusion before seeing me behind him, a small smile appearing on her face. "I see! Well, is Ama available to hang out today? There's a lovely park I wanted to take her to."

Aizawa looks down at me before shrugging, heading back over to the couch. "H-hey, Momo," I respond, rubbing the back of my neck as she wiggles her eyebrows at me. "Give me a moment to grab my bag, and I'll be right out. You're welcome to come in while I do so."

Momo nods and walks in as I shut the door behind us. She's dressed in a cute light blue sweater and grey jeans, followed by white converse. I pout as I'm still dressed in my school uniform, letting out a soft sigh. "Is it alright if I change too?" I ask.

"Oh, of course!" She says with a smile, clasping her hands together. "It's a little cold outside today, I should have brought gloves!"

"I can lend you Zai's pair, she doesn't ever use them so they're practically new," I reply as I lead the way upstairs.

"Are you sure? I'd hate to upset your sister," Momo asks with a bit of worry.

"Naaaah, she steals my stuff all the time! It's like an unspoken sister code we've got. We may not look close to you guys, but Zai is my best friend. She's always there whenever I need her."

I led the way to the room Zai and I now share. At first we had separate rooms, but eventually it got really weird to be apart since we've shared a room all of our life. So Aizawa let us move our stuff together once again.

"Wow, your room is really simple!" Momo says with a surprised expression. "With how eccentric Zai is, I thought I'd see more lights and crazy things."

"Ah yeah," I reply with a small smile. "We didn't really have a lot when we moved, though we can both afford to decorate the room as we'd like. But we have two very different tastes, so we decided to leave it as is."

The room itself was painted a cream color, with one window that looks on to the outside. Each of us bought a poster once we moved so we could have some bit of personality on our respective sides. Zai bought a poster of herself, which didn't surprise me in the slightest, and I bought a poster of Mirko, the rabbit hero.

Zai's bed has purple comforters and a black bedframe, while mine is blue with a white frame. Both of them have specks of gold as decoration, to represent our shared eye color. My big sister's instruments are gathered on her side while mine has the soccer ball from the first game I ever won.

"You speak so highly of your sister," she mentions as I grab a jacket and pair of pants from my dresser. "I regret to say I haven't spoken to her much. She normally hangs around Bakugo and Mina, so what I do hear is from Jiro on occasion."

"Yeah, I'm not sure what my sister is doing to be honest. Hanging around Bakugo and all that," I reply with furrowed brows. "I mean, I guess he's friends with Kirishima and that's why, but they fight more often than not. I don't know what she sees in him.."

"Wait, does your sister LIKE Bakugo?" Momo asks, tilting her head in confusion. "But she's going on a date with Kaminari right now, isn't she?"

I merely shrug as I slip on the jacket, stepping into our shared bathroom so I can change out of my skirt. "Well you see, my sister's a bit weird in that department. She flirts around yeah, but that's really just a part of her personality. I'm not sure if she likes Bakugo, but I can't deny that she's happy when she's around him."

"The date with Kaminari she probably accepted because she felt like it, but not from actually feeling something towards the blonde. She'll go on casual dates every so often, but she doesn't usually find someone she's want to be in a relationship with."

"Isn't that like leading them on though?" I hear her ask through the door. "I mean, it seems kind of cruel if you ask me."

I open the door as I finish up and shake my head in response. "She's very upfront with the guys. She'll let them know that she's only going out as friends, that she isn't looking for anything romantic. The only time she wouldn't is if she is actually is interested in the guy."

"I suppose that's fair.. I personally don't understand but if it makes her happy," Momo says as I gather my things. The two of us make our way downstairs, waving to Aizawa as we leave.

We start heading in the direction of the train station, going past it while making idle chatter. I explain to Momo our living situation and how it started per her request, and thankfully she gave me her word to keep our secret.

I couldn't help but smile as we neared the park, the black haired girl skipping ahead with a laugh. She looks so cute, I think to myself before shaking my head a bit. What am I saying? I don't just call people cute. I must be going crazy.

As I watch Momo spin around while we walk, my heart begins to pound whenever her smile is directed towards me. I can feel my face flush with embarrassment, rubbing the back of my neck as we approach the playground. 

Gaah, this is ridiculous! I couldn't possibly be into Momo, I'm strictly heterosexual and plus, I'm not looking for a relationship right now. I couldn't possibly be into girls.

At least.. I think that's the case. Right?

Honestly, writing this chapter took a bit longer than I had anticipated. Wasn't expecting an entire chapter dedicated to our favorite antisocial lightbulb!

 Wasn't expecting an entire chapter dedicated to our favorite antisocial lightbulb!

Rumi Usagiyama. Hero Name: Mirko, the Rabbit Hero. Quirk: Rabbit. Similar to Tsuyu's 'Frog' quirk, Mirko's ability gives her all the attributes of a rabbit. She is currently ranked as the No. 5 pro hero, and the highest ranked female hero to date.

Daily quote: "The truth and what one believes is the truth is still the truth." -Me

~Author-chan