Chapter Thirteen: Can I Touch It?

Zai's POV-

"Did I say something wrong?" Tokoyami asks as my group walks over to them. The poor boy looks so confused, eyes locked on my sister as she storms out of the building.

"I think she's just upset at her loss," I reply with a sad smile. "We spar a lot, yeah, but normally it's without using quirks. She's used to winning against me, so this is an unwelcome change for her."

"Zai, you didn't tell us your quirk was so powerful," Tsuyu says as we trail after my sister. "It was like a wave of depression just washed over me, I felt so numb and I truly believed that we had no hope of winning."

I look over at Kirishima, who still looks pretty dumbfounded from the match. "Hey Kiri, you doing okay?" I ask, raising a brow.

The boy jumps as if startled, and his face turns a bright red as he gives me a sheepish smile in return. "Oh, yeah I'm fine. I just realized I recognized your sister's special move back there. She's a famous soccer player isn't she?"

"Oh yeah, her patented Rolling Thunder technique. She worked really hard to perfect that, she's broken a few soccer balls that way too," I respond with a grin.

Kirishima's eyes widened in surprise before clapping his hands excitedly. "Man, so both of you are famous! That's so cool!"

Sero rolls his eyes at the redhead before turning to me. "Anyways, I have a question in regards to what Tsuyu said. You didn't really flaunt your quirk at all, and even avoided questions about it when we asked. Is there a reason for it..?"

I merely shrug as we head back towards the rest of the class. "I just didn't think it was super important. I'd rather people experience it through my concerts instead of me just straight up telling them. Plus, let's just say I didn't get the nicest comments when people found out what I could do."

We made it back before Sero or the others could pry any more, my sister already there staring blankly at our teacher. "Well done, all of you! No serious injuries apart from Midoriya, but you all did splendidly! Considering this was your first training exercise, of course."

"Now, I'm going to give Midoriya his evaluation! Change out of your costumes and head back to the classroom." And with those final words, All Might leaves as fast as he had appeared earlier today. I smile a little as Mina and Jiro run up to our group with excited expressions.

"Woah, your fight was so awesome Zai!" Mina says, pumping a fist into the air. "We couldn't hear anything but it looked like it was going to be a tough match in the beginning. Then suddenly the hero team went limp and just stopped fighting! All except your sister of course."

"It was as if they had lost their will to live," Jiro adds, an awestruck expression on her face. "Was that you?"

I wince a little bit at the comment, rubbing the back of my neck. "We should probably get back to the locker rooms, I'll see you guys later." With a bright smile I hurriedly rushed off, leaving them in the dust.

Maybe I shouldn't have used my quirk after all, I think to myself, having arrived before everyone else I take the opportunity to change rather quickly.

Throughout elementary and middle school, I was always considered what one would call a 'bad apple'. I was the rebel in school and typically led any others who wanted to pursue mischief. However, I was also bullied a lot due to my quirk.

A villain's quirk, they called it. While it could inspire hope in others, it could also do the opposite. At some point I just stopped caring about others' opinions of me, but that didn't help much when it came to my rebelliousness. Others would blame me for their wrongdoings, saying I forced them to rebel which is also something I could probably do.