Chapter Twenty-Nine: Dream Big, But Not Too Big

Zai's POV-

"Hey, Zai!"

Kaminari runs over to me as I approached our meeting spot, an arm behind his back. "Glad you could make it!"

"Of course! I wouldn't have missed it for the world," I reply, before tilting my head and looking around him to try and see what he's hiding. "What do you got there?"

His face turns a little pink as he pulls out a yellow rose with a blue bow messily attached to the stem. "I-I know it's not much, but I couldn't just show up empty handed.."

I giggle a bit as he hands me the rose, lifting the flower to breathe in the sweet calming scent. "You didn't have to, but I appreciate it." I reach over to kiss his cheek, and I could practically see his brain short circuit for a moment. I end up bursting into laughter as his face turns even more red.

"O-o-of course!" Kaminari starts, before looking me up and down. "You look gorgeous by the way.."

Ama chose a dark blue dress with black lace on the straps, a matching bow wrapped around my waist and the skirt ending just above my knees. A pair of black tights and blue stilettoes finish the look, and thankfully it's gotten a little warmer since this morning. Of course I carry a small black cross-body purse as well, to hold my phone and a few other things.

Kaminari is dressed in a leather jacket and a white t-shirt, along with black pants and matching boots. Not too far off from his hero outfit, now that I think about it.

"Aww, you're too sweet!" I respond with another laugh. "Compliments and flowers, it hasn't even been ten minutes!"

Kaminari gives me a soft smile before taking my free hand in his. "Well, just you wait. We've still got a whole night ahead of us."

We make idle chatter as we walk, a good portion of our conversation was about my latest concert. He was astonished to find out that I didn't actually expect that big of a crowd, though I was prepared to perform for bigger.

I'll be honest, moving to Musutafu was a bit difficult, in more ways than one. Many of my fans in Hosu were disappointed that I wouldn't have anymore local concerts there for a while, but thankfully most of them understood.

Compared to a lot of singers I really don't get a lot of hate either. The only hate comments I ever see are from people who've never seen me perform, those that have end up coming back for more. I've got a few more scheduled, and my manager is even talking about going on a small tour during break.

Maybe I'll invite Bakugo to go with me.

I blink a couple times in surprise, not expecting that kind of thought to cross my mind. He'd turn down my invitation in a heartbeat, I think to myself, letting out a light sigh.

"Hey.." Kaminari's voice jolts me out of my thoughts, giving me a look of concern. "Are you alright? I didn't say anything bad, did I?"

"Oh, n-no!" I say with my usual bright smile. "Not at all, just uh, thinking about the test we took earlier in math. I'm pretty sure I bombed it."

The blonde gives me an understanding smile before responding. "I probably did too, I got lost in the middle of it. Sorry for the sudden question, it's just that your smile is always so bright you know? Seeing it fall a little made me worried."

Kaminari squeezes my hand before leading me up the path, I didn't even notice we had stopped. The smell of bread and cinnamon rolls waft through the air, I find my smile growing wider as we enter what looks like a rustic little café.

A bell jingles as the door closes behind us, and I take the time to take in the cafe's aesthetic. Brick walls encase the little coffee shop while some upbeat pop music plays through the speakers. An old timey jukebox is set up beside a large open space, which I assume is some kind of dance floor.