Chapter Fourteen: Challenge

Zai's POV-

And with that, our first day came to an end. 

Ama and I were one of the first to walk out of the classroom, my little sister's eyes planted on the ground as we walk.

I waited a couple minutes for her to say something, before letting out a light sigh. "Sis, don't beat yourself up about earlier. You can't win everything, even though you may try to."

Ama blinks a bit before looking up at me with a sad smile. "I get that.. I just hate that I had to fight you on our first day."

As I was about to continue her phone goes off, and I see my sister's cheeks turn a bit red as she reads the message.

"Hey uh.. Zai?" she asks, and I nod for her to continue. "Mind if I go to Momo's place after school?"

I nearly stop short in surprise, a wide grin creeping up on my face. "AWWWW, does my wittle sister have a new friend???!!" I shriek, wrapping my arms around her happily.

Ama grimaces as she tries to pry me off to no avail.

"I swear to god, Zai, I will not hesitate to murder you in your sleep if you don't shut the fuck up," she replies, causing me to let go of her in mock fear. 

"Aww come on, sis! You know you love me."

"Like I've said before, that's debatable."

My sister laughs as I pout in response, but I'm glad she has such a bright smile on her face again. "Uh, Zai?" she says after a few moments. "A certain someone is eyeing you from the exit."

I raise a brow as I look over and sure enough, Bakugo is staring daggers into me as he leans against the doorway that leads into the campus. As soon as our eyes meet he pushes off the wall and makes his way towards us. 

"I-I think I see Momo! I'll catch up with you later, Zai!" Ama says hurriedly, and dashes off before I can protest.

You motherfucking traitor, I think to myself, cursing my little sister as the blonde approaches.

"You and I need to talk," Bakugo says, narrowing his eyes at me.

"About what? I don't know about you, but I've got some instant ramen at home that's just waiting to be eaten," I reply with a smirk on my face.

The blonde scowls before grabbing my wrist, pulling me behind one of the buildings. 

Once we get there, he leans back up against one of the walls across from me. I do the same, and we stare at each other for a few moments in silence.

Eventually Bakugo lets out a slight sigh, crossing his arms in front of him. 

"You said before that you were expelled," he asks, his gaze shifting from my eyes to my feet, then back up again. "But you don't look like the type to do something fucked up enough for that. So how did you manage?"

I merely shrug with a smile on my face. "Why do you want to know? You don't seem like the type to be interested in anyone but yourself."

The blond scowls, narrowing his eyes at me. "Don't get any ideas, Miss Secretive. I find it suspicious that you insist on hiding everything from us. I'm not leaving without getting some answers so deal with it."

The smile on my face grows as I kick off of the wall, my heels clicking on the ground as I make my way over to him. The boy doesn't even flinch as I get mere inches from his face, tilting my head as I analyze his scowl and slanted eyes.

"If you really want to know, then how about a friendly wager?" I offer, causing Bakugo to raise a brow in response. "I challenge you to a fight this Friday. If you win, I'll tell you anything you want to know."