Chapter Fifteen: A Bright Morning

"Benzaiten, if you do not get up right now I will eat all of your ice cream in the freezer."

I squeal as I bolt upwards from my bed, narrowing my eyes at my younger sister. "You wouldn't dare."

"I would, and you know it," she says with a smirk, already dressed in her school uniform. "Might want to get up before we're late."

It's been a couple days since I went over to Iida's place. His brother Tensei was acting like a total fanboy when he woke up and realized he wasn't dreaming. I couldn't hide the smile on my face the whole time he was ranting, he wouldn't stop talking about how much he loved my music.

"Every time you were performing I would try to get assigned for patrols in Hosu," Tensei explained with vigorous hand movements, though not quite like his younger brother. "I was even able to nab a security gig one time. I don't know if you remember, but I was the guy in the armor during your summer solstice concert!"

"That was you?" I asked in surprise, recalling those memories fondly in my head. "Of course I remember, we don't hire heroes too often for security. We were severely understaffed since a bunch of the crew got terribly ill."

"Could I get your autograph?" He said, eyes pleading as he clasped his hands together. "If it isn't too much trouble that is!"

"Tensei!" His mother scolded, giving me a piteous smile in the process. "She's probably sick and tired from signing so many autographs at work."

"Oh, I don't mind at all!" I replied, shaking my hands in front of me. "Do you have something I can sign and a pen?"

After giving Tensei my autograph we sat around and chatted for a while until I had to go. Tensei offered to carry me on his back, to show off his quirk and just how fast he could be there if I needed him. 'In case I'm attacked by a villain', according to him. I didn't see the harm at all, but I passed out as soon as I got to my room.

I shoo my little sister out of the room so I can change, a giddy feeling settling in my stomach. I have my fight with Bakugo later today, and I intend to wipe the floor with him. 

As soon as I'm done getting changed, I hear my phone go off on my nightstand. Some hip-hop music blasts from my speakers, so I quickly rush over to answer it so as not to give Aizawa a reason to get upset with me. 

"Hello?" I answer, sitting down on my bed to put on my shoes.

"Hey Zai, it's Kirishima!" I can't help but smile as his cheerful voice rings through my phone. "Mina gave me your number, I was wondering if you wanted to walk to school today? I spoke with Ama before and she gave me your address."

"Oh really? Yeah sure, I'd love to walk with you. Just give me one second," I reply as I stand up, heading towards my door.

"AAAAMAAAA!!!" I holler after stepping out of my room, figuring Aizawa's wrath wouldn't be too bad. "DID YOU ACTUALLY TALK WITH SOMEONE OF THE MALE SPECIES FOR ONCE??? AND NOT TELL ME??!!"

"I ONLY DID IT TO KEEP YOU OCCUPIED!" I hear her yell back from her room. "PLUS, I TALKED WITH TOKOYAMI AND AIZAWA, SO THAT'S TWO MALES!"

"TOKOYAMI IS A FUCKING BIRD, HE DOESN'T COUNT. AND AIZAWA IS OUR TEACHER!!"

"OH SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET READY ALREADY! I'M LEAVING WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!"

"Is everything okay?" Kirishima asks as I shut my door. 

"Oh yeah, my sister is just extra salty today," I reply with a small smile on my face, not that he could see it of course.

"Oh, okay then! I'm bringing Kaminari along with, I offered to bring Bakugo but he refused."