Chapter Three: Scars

Zai's POV-

Thankfully, the boy I now know as Iida stepped in to interrupt our conversation. "We really should wait for introductions until later," he says sternly. Bruh, you literally introduced yourself twice in the past ten minutes, I think to myself, rolling my eyes before slinging my bag over my shoulder.

We all head towards the locker rooms, the boys and girls splitting off to change into our uniforms. I find a locker with my name on it, opening it to find my clothes as well as a set of black converse. 

"Oh, yours came with shoes?" The brown haired girl from earlier says from the locker beside me. "Lucky, mine is just the uniform. I don't know how you can walk in those heels, must be some good fortune huh?"

Yeah, good fortune alright. I'm going to murder Aizawa later. I give the girl a slight smile as I take the uniform out of the locker. "I guess, though you're welcome to wear them if you'd like. I'm not a fan of converse."

"So you're going to wear heels with gym clothes?!" The girl's eyes widen as I nod, carefully taking off my blazer and setting it in the locker. "Man, I wouldn't be able to do that. Oh, I should probably introduce myself, I'm Ochako Uraraka!"

"Nice to meet you, Ochako," I reply as I hang my tie and shirt up in the locker beside my blazer, leaving me in my bra and skirt. I hear an audible gasp behind me before I can respond, and I find a girl standing there with her hands over her mouth. Or at least, I think they are a girl, because all I can see is a floating uniform.

"That's a huge scar!" a feminine voice says from the direction of the clothes.

I let out a small sigh as I pulled the shirt of my exercise uniform out of the locker. A large scar covers my back, going from my left side to my right shoulder. I knew that someone was probably going to ask about it if they saw it, but I didn't think it would be on the first day.

The pain was excruciating, a blazing inferno filling my body and burning me from the inside. I screamed so loud I drowned out every other sound, the villain running his tongue along the blade of his sword.

The pain kept increasing by the second, I felt myself going insane from the sheer amount going through every part of me. I couldn't see or hear anymore, hell I could hardly breathe.

In that moment, I truly thought I was going to die.

But then, I was saved. It went by so fast that I almost couldn't comprehend what was happening. What I do remember was seeing Aizawa's face, goggles over his eyes as he wrapped his arms around me. Everything began to rush by around me, we were flying across the rooftops, and I was able to feel something other than pain for a few seconds.

Wind. The cool wind seemed to partially soothe the burning in my skin, and I found myself slowly losing consciousness. The darkness consumed me, my father's body left behind in the alleyway where I found him.

I woke up in a hospital a few days later. My sister was asleep by my bedside at the time, and Aizawa was waiting patiently by the door. Apparently he called a friend that works at U.A. to tend to my injuries, before announcing that he'd be taking both of us in.

Ama to this day doesn't know what caused the scar on my back either. The story we told her was that I was hit by some flying debris, when the police came by our house to deliver the news that night. She was spared the gory details as well, since on every news station they censored our parent's bodies when replaying the footage.

Aizawa originally questioned my decision to hide it from her, but she has too much to worry about already. I remember her scolding me for being a dumbass, and that I should have been paying more attention after I woke up.