Chapter Four: This Is The Hero Course!

A test of our quirks???

"What about the entrance ceremony? Or the guidance sessions?" Ururaka asks with a shocked expression, confusion laced in her voice. We are all gathered outside on what looks like a giant baseball field. The school's grounds are humongous, but I wonder what a test of our quirks has to do with baseball.

Ama gives me a look that says you're a fucking idiot, before turning her attention back to our homeroom teacher. Excuse me miss mind reader, I'm probably one of the smartest people here.

"There's no time to waste on stuff like that if you want to become heroes," Aizawa replies, causes her mouth to drop in surprise. "U.A. is known for it's 'freestyle' educational system. That applies to us teachers as well."

Go figure. I'm not entirely surprised by this, and by the look of my sister's face beside me I can tell she isn't either. Whatever Aizawa has planned for us, it's not going to be easy. Ama reaches for my hand, and I smile down at her before taking hers in mine.

Her golden eyes stare up at me in uncertainty, one of her brows raised in confusion. I merely shrug in response, squeezing her hand in mine as Aizawa continues.

"Softball throwing. Standing long jump. Fifty meter dash. Endurance running. Grip strength. Side-to-side stepping. Upper body training. Seated toe touch. You all did these in middle school, yes? Your standard no-quirks allowed tests."

Aizawa narrows his eyes at me, causing me to nearly choke on air. I look around before pointing to myself, like bitch why are you singling me out here? "Though I know it won't be any different for one person here."

Wow, that's harsh. I roll my eyes as Ama removes her hand from mine, giving me a look that says he has a point you know. 

"Bakugo," Aizawa continues, directing his attention to the spiky haired blonde boy from before. So his name is Bakugo, huh? "How far could you throw in middle school?"

"Sixty seven meters, I think."

Aizawa beckons him to a painted circle on the ground, tossing him a softball. "Great, now try it with your quirk. Anything goes, just don't leave the circle. Give it all you've got."

Oh dear god, what has our dear adoptive father done? The spiky haired hedgehog looking asshole winds up his arm with a devilish grin on his face, before launching the ball into the air with an explosive pitch. "DIIIIIEEEEE!!!!" He screams as the ball soars through the air, causing many of our classmates to gasp in horror.

THIS guys is trying to become a hero? He seems to be more suited for a villain role if you ask me.

The ball keeps going until it's nearly well out of sight, though I can still see the smoke coming off of the softball itself. Boom boom boy actually didn't do half bad, I think to myself, resting a hand on my hip.

"It's important for us to know our limits," Aizawa says, checking a small device in his hand before showing us what's on the screen. 705.2 meters... Bakugo made one hell of a throw, that's for sure. "That's the first rational step to figuring out what kind of heroes you'll be."

"Woah, this is awesome!"

"So we can use our quirks for real! Man the hero course is great!"

I roll my eyes at the other students who are cheering with smiles on their faces. Not that I don't have a grin of my own, but do they really think Aizawa is the type for fun and games? We can hardly get him to sit through a game of monopoly for family game night!

"..Awesome.. you say?" Ah, here it comes. "You're hoping to become heroes after three years here.. and you think it'll be all fun and games?" Oh shit, he took the words out of my mouth! Err.. head? Either way, I'm a fucking psychic!