Chapter 2: Midnight Ritual

"But the real thing is, to find a way for passing the test, is to summon a demon" I said to Susane.

"Which genre is it?"

"....."

"Wait wait, Comedy I guess? Or Romance, huh?" She laughed before turning Serious in a second "What crap are you talking about?"

"Jeez, your emotions creeps me" I said, fixing my place "But I'm serious"

"Like hell you are"

"... he will come from hell tho—"

"I- Anyways, do have any idea about how this works and it all may be false. Such things doesn't exists" she said.

Dude, I'm tired of hearing the same old line!

"I also thought that but it's no harm in trying. I already got the spell and trying to gain concentration through manifestation"

"What if it doesn't work? You'll lose a huge opportunity"

"Susane, I believe that it will work, afterall it's one of the strongest energy in the universe. I'll make it, you see" I smiled.

She sighed, looked at me for a while and then sat down beside me.

"Grace, I don't know much about all this stuffs but we should always search for positivity. Worship gods rather than demons, seek happiness not cruelty. You will never know what might happen to you. What if you won't find a way to send them back to hell? What if—"

"Hey, calm down! I know all this but I really don't have any other way. Please don't try to stop me. I thought a lot and won't back off now" I said.

"Fine" she stood up "I'll only say that, whatever you do, just try to give a second thought about it. A single mistake may cost your whole life" with that she left, leaving me in an awe.

What's her problem, man? Such a grandma and she doesn't need to tell me what should I do. Like any problem will occur! Many people on the internet told that they got their desired results and it's all perfect and it will go smoothly for me too. It just need some more time.

I started concentrating on my work. The day passed pretty soon and now the clouds were all saffron, floating in the sky. I waved everyone "bye" and left the health centre at the end of the day. Now I just need to go home and take a nap, I'm too tired.

"Can you please move aside?" An old man said to me as I was sitting inside a public bus.

"Sure" I moved aside as he took a seat beside me. There was a tense aura in the bus, too many people and I was feeling fustrated. The old man pulled out a cigarette from his pocket and started smoking.

"What the—?" It was already hella uncomfortable and he is smoking his this situation. Just wow! I was about to say something to him but Knowing that my stop is about to come, I remained silent.

I came down from the bus and went straight to my room.

"I'm back guys" I said, entering inside the room. Only Sara was present there as others were out for their jobs and will return by 7.

"Welcome back, I just returned from college" she said and I nodded "How was your day?"

"Same as usual. What about yours?" I asked.

"We had lots of fun in the cafeteria today and as it is my third year, I'll be moving out soon" Sara said.

"Oh" I said after a pause "Sara, does that means you'll never come back here and will leave us forever?"

"Mhmm, we'll still contact with each other but yeah, my family will come to take me and I'll return to my house" she smiled.

"I see... you're lucky. I don't even know if I have to spend my whole life here or not. Even the others are also thinking to move out from this junk" I said, putting my bag on the mattress and sitting on the floor.