Chapter 13: Falling In The Dark

Did I accidentally delete his contact? No, then why his social media page is not showing?

"Grace, hurry up, you're getting late" Miya said

"Uh? H-huh, yeah"

"What happened? You look tensed" Daisy asked.

"A-Actually, I can't find Alex's contact number and social media page, it all suddenly disappeared" I replied.

They both were silent, they looked at each other and then questioningly at me,

"Who's Alex?"

".... WHAT THE— Stop kidding now, I told you about him" I frowned.

"You never did, is he a friend of yours?"

"Come on now!! He is the famous author, even you both read his stories and I literally go to his house every evening!" I said but they both were confused.

"What are you saying? I don't remember any author named Alex" Miya said

"And you come straight home from work everyday" Daisy replied.

"Y-You guys are crazy— you are definitely joking now and it's not even funny!!" I yelled.

"Grace, we are serious"

"No, you're not! You can't be! How can his existence got disappeared suddenly— and what's happening?" I held my head and sat on the bed.

My mind is going crazy and I don't know what to do right now. Did the demon hurt him? Or can it be Alex failed and Furcas killed him or took him to hell—? Oh lord, I shouldn't think negative but the situation is too confusing now and all I could think about is, is he safe?

"Grace...." Daisy called worryingly as I looked up.

I better visit him! Yes, I still have time for the flight so, I can quickly go there.

"Daisy, Miya, I'm going out" I declared and quickly dressed up

"But you still have an hour for the flight" Miya said.

"I know, I've some business outside and I'll directly go from there"

"Fine, take care"

"Mhmm, take care you both too and bye. I'll come back soon" I smiled and left the hostel.

The "bye" wasn't the normal one and as usual I said that to them hoping that we'll meet again but, who knew, that, it was our....last goodbye?

.

I tripped, slipped and fell on the floor while coming down through the stairs. Damn, what a pain in the ass!
I hurriedly went out and straight to the direction of Alex's house.

When I reached in his area, I searched for the bungalow and there was nothing but all one floored houses in a columb.

"Did I came in the wrong locality?" I muttered but nah, this was the address and according to me, his house should be here but why not now....?

"Excuse me" I asked a lady who was passing by

"Yes?"

"Do you know where's Mr East's house?"

"Um, there's no on with that name in this locality. Maybe the person whom you're finding lives in the next locality" she smiled and left.

Next locality...? But— this is the only address, I can't forget.

What's happening? Did his existence get cleared completely? What about his family? God dammit, I want answers!!

I came out of the street and started walking towards the airport. My mind was blank but how will I find him now? He is not okay for sure and...its-its all my fault why all this happened! Because of my stupid exam.

"First be stubborn and then regret, sounds legit to me"

I raised up, F-Furcas? Is he still here?

"Yeah yeah, I'm still here"

"What did you do to Alex?" I asked

"Why do you care? You've got what you wanted, right?"

"I don't think you're letting it go this easily, you have further plans, don't you?"

"Aww, of course but hey, want me to show you a movie? 3D?"

"Can you please tell me where is Alex?!" I yelled, few people who were walking on the street looked at me and then minded their own business.

"Have patience, girl" he snickered.

I was frustrated and here he is messing with me. He sure planning to get his non-existence revenge on me and I'm helpless. Hey author!! Send help!

Author: 👁️👅👁️

....*sighs* what will I do now? I closed my eyes and opened it almost quickly to find myself in a different world.

The underworld— under the water, wait— isn't this the same place which I saw when Alex was telling me the tale of the fish?

But, where's the fish? I saw all the other fishes going together before me but there was no sign of that last one. I looked around, the water didn't made me suffocating and I suddenly realised that....

I'm the fish!

"Furcas!!" I called, there was no reply

"I know you can hear me, what's going on, please tell me!!" I cried.

There was no reply but all I could hear the water and feel the mosses slowly touching my skin. Suddenly darkness grew, I looked to see the shark in front of me. Enormous, victorious, terrifying and deadly.

I tried to run but my feets stopped walking, I struggled to swim but couldn't even move, the shark was coming more and more near me, making me scream.

"Help" I cried for help but can anyone hear me now?

"Furcas— help me, I'm sorry, please help me, I can't—" I closed my eyes tightly. I opened my eyes again to find the shark right in front of me, engulfing me whole, turning the vision dark.

It was all silent then, not a single sound was heard. The most shocking thing was there was no water, no shark, no fish or no light. The whole world is dark, as if there's no starting nor any end. What's the start to end it with?

Is this what happens when we die? But no, there's something still left...

The worst part and the worst secret.

* * *