Chapter 12: The Happy Day

It was raining the next day, pretty heavily and the room was cold. I woke up, wrapping the blanket around me and sat on the bed for half an hour before shower.

Everyone, by which I mean Daisy and Miya are out for college. Seriously, getting ready and going out with umbrella in this heavy rain is a real headache.

I had oats for breakfast and then I pulled out the books for studying, before closing the curtains. The outside view was hazy and it was raining too heavily to spot anything.

I yawned and opened 'Scientific realism and instrumentalism'. It's better to start from the beginning and surprisingly the chapters are very easy, and everything was flowing inside my mind like magic.

It was hard to believe but really, it was working, the words feels like tickling in all the nerves of my body and the concepts seems to some long lost memories which I still remembered.

It made me smile, I knew I could do it. I made a mistake but this mistake isn't much bigger than what I recieved. I almost completed revising the book after 4 hours as it was a pretty heavy book.

After finishing that, I called Susane to inform that I'm all prepared for it, ommiting the part that I made a mistake while summoning Furcas.
She was happy and said that she was ready too.

Nothing much happened today, in the evening, Miya and Daisy returned and later after flipping the pages of the book, I went to sleep.

.

I woke up early the next day and got ready in a new and clean dress and Daisy did my hair.

"All ready?"

"Yup" I answered to them and went out with my supplies to give the exam.

The exam is going to held in the classroom where the medical students have extra classes. So, I met Susane and others there.

"Best of luck guys" Ciara wishes everyone as we took our seats.

I was calm the whole time, this is my only hope and I really hope that nothing goes wrong. After 15 minutes, the question papers were distributed and,

Oh my god!

As I expected, the questions are damn easy, I could complete it within 5 minutes. I started writing the answers and there was no question which was unknown to me. The summoning was worth after all.

I completed it and checked it for another 5 minutes and waited for more 10 minutes before submitting it. Everyone was surprised when I left the exam room early.

"Gosh! Finally!" I said to myself "Life again became perfect, now all I've to do is to prepare for Korea tomorrow"

The thought of Korea made me smile, it's my dream afterall.

I checked the phone to see Alex is offline, I hope he successfully made Furcas return as I felt nothing weird today. So, everything is going so smooth and I can't be happier.

"Grace" I turned back to see Susane and others

"Hey, how was the exam?" I smiled.

"It was great, and I guess yours too. You completed it first" Susane replied and I laughed.

"Yeah, it was easy"

After some talks, we walked back home. I informed Daisy and Miya about my trip and packed my bag.

 I informed Daisy and Miya about my trip and packed my bag

"Have fun there"

"Yupp!! Thanks, I will" I smiled brightly as they Chuckled.

"You seems too excited"

"Yeah, of course! I think I'm on cloud nine, damn, I can't wait to go there" I chipped.

"Good good, lets have dinner now and tomorrow you have to wake up early also" Daisy said and we all went to our daily place to eat.

.

It was again late at night and I'm laying on the bed. Everyone was sleeping but I couldn't, my mind if filled with thoughts.

I have never been so happy in my life and now this much happiness is scaring me, what if everything gets snatched away?

"Should I text Alex...?" I muttered, I know I shouldn't but I can't calm down.

I searched for my phone and quickly sent a text, asking if everything is alright. There was no reply, as expected, he must be sleeping.

I sighed and tried to sleep, no nightmares, no hallucinations and no fear, today seems too weird but hey, everyone deserves happiness and maybe I also got that, I shouldn't complain!

.

The next day, after waking up, I took the shower and checked my phone before going out.

It was strange, fear ran through my nerves, there wasn't any text from Alex.

But that wasn't shocking, what horrified me the most was,

Like that night, today, there wasn't any profile or account or contact of Alex in my phone....

* * *