Chapter 11: The Nightmare

"Accident.

A college girl got hit by a truck"

... What?

The first thing that came in my mind that, it that Daisy? No, it's not possible! But, what if Furcas is doing all this for revenge? Damn, why do I have to let others suffer for my mistake? Daisy is.... important to me, I can't bear to lose her....

I pushed the crowd and moved forward, everything is getting fatal, my vision already got blurred. I shouldn't think negative because, maybe I'm thinking wrong? Maybe it's not Daisy?

I reached the accident spot, the girl was wearing a white outfit and her face was totally crushed.

"Seshh!" I moved my eyes from that dangerous site.

"Poor girl, she is really unfortunate, right?"

I looked behind to see Daisy. Yes, she was there and totally safe. I'm glad that it's just my overthinking.

"Daisy!" I couldn't help but hug her tightly "I'm happy that you're safe! Don't scare me like this again!"

"Oh— hey hey, are you crying—?" She asked, patting my back "First let's get out of here"

We came out of the crowd as she looked at me and then started laughing "Did you think it's me who had the accident?"

"Do you think it's funny?" I frowned

"Honestly? It is. Pff- I would really appreciate to die if you cry so much for me" she grinned

"Fucking sadist!" I rolled my eyes and ran into the hostel while she ran after me.

.

Say anything but today's accident wasn't anything that simple. I have a feeling that it's a warning from Furcas, the main purpose can be, to scare me? Is he playing tricks on me?

"Humans really likes to overthink, huh?"

I flinched hearing the voice on my head. He is actually here.

"What happened, Grace?" Daisy asked, seeing me fliching.

"Huh? N-nothing— I'm just not feeling well"

"Should I bring you some medicines?"

"No no, no need, I'll just lay down for a while" I said and laid on the bed.

It's half past midnight, something sure feels strange. I don't know if I would say I'm hallucinating too much nowadays or it's just... things are really happening.

Headache is a pain, ugh! I wish I could just open my damn brain into half— wait! I didn't mean it LITERALLY but it's getting intolerable. I snapped open my eyes.

"Dammit!" I held my head and woke up "Miya, where's the medic—" I turned towards Miya and found she isn't there.

Huh? Wait, Daisy is not there either.

Where did both of them go?

"Daisy? Miya?" I called their names from inside but there was no reply. Did they went out? But it's dark and I don't remember them going out late at night just because they can't sleep.

I silently stood up, I think I should just go out to check. I stretched my arms and about to go out when I saw I shadow approaching near the door.

I fliched as I took some steps back. The shadow was forming on the floor by the dim light.

What is it? Or, maybe Daisy and Miya are coming back?

I was sure it wasn't them, the shadow was hardly recognisible and suddenly it stopped from coming closer.

"W-who's that?" I voice cracked as I asked. There was silence but then again the shadow moved a bit

It was coming closer...no, not the shadow but I feel a tense aura, it was coming nearer and nearer to me.

The shadow suddenly disappeared.

Huh? What's happening? I still feel there's something around me. Is Furcas playing tricks again?

Should I contact Alex?

I was too afraid to move from my place but I somehow grabbed my phone and searched for his contact.

Wait!

Where's his contact?

I checked the messanger but his profile wasn't there even in the platform where's his the author. What's the meaning of all this? It seems like he....he never existed...

I heard a snicker.

The phone fell from my hands, making my chest feel heavy with the sound in the dark.

I turned around slowly, revealed a huge figure, drenched with blood alone with huge red eyes, which seems like looking right through my soul.

"AHHHHH!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, quickly getting up.

"What happened, Grace?"

"Are you alright?" I looked at Miya and Daisy.

Wait! Was that a nightmare? No it wasn't, I am sure it wasn't a nightmare, it seemed completely real but how did that happen and why am I on my bed right now.

"Grace...?"

"Huh?" I looked at them "Oh! Hehe, I'm fine, it was a nightmare"

"You screamed too loudly, we were scared—" Miya said

"Should I bring your medicines from the box?" Daisy asked and I nodded.

"Don't worry, it's probably due to stress" I nervously laughed, I can't let them worry about it "Damn, sorry for scaring you guys, you can go to sleep"

"You sure you're fine?"

"Yes yes, I'm fine, really" I faked a smile as they nodded and laid down on their respective beds.

I sighed, my heart was still beating loudly. Was the Furcas I saw? No, he is an old man, and that's not what he looked like when I searched in the Google. Then...was it...The Satan—?

I gulped, my body is literally shivering right now. Never in my life I've been so scared, I think it was a wrong decision to summon him afterall. I'm a fool, an idiot and also selfish....

Suddenly I remembered something and grabbed the phone.

"Gosh! Alex's contact is still here" I sighed in relief. I decided to text him but paused, he is really trying his best to help me even when I made a mistake, I shouldn't disturb him.

I kept the phone aside and laid down, I am too tired...I want to sleep, really...hope I don't get those nightmares again.

Also I need to study for the exams, I wonder if I can pass it— maybe yes, he fulfilled my wish but....

At what cost?

* * *