Chapter 7: The Fish With No Future

What is it to feel that one day the whole world is against you and you're crying your heart out, screaming and begging for help but no one is there for you to hold your hand?

I woke up, rubbing my eyes and stared at the same ceiling. It's been so long since I'm watching the same view in the beginning of a new day.

Ever had nightmares?

Nah, I didn't. No matter what happened I never had nightmares, I was hurt numerous times, felt the pain of seeing others in misery and also being ignored. I thought maybe I should stop being so weak. Why am I even crying for? There are so many people in the world who are living in worst situation than me and I didn't even had nightmares....

Actually, I had....my first nightmare- it was horrible! But that was my first and last... I guess? I woke up sweating, my heart was racing and I was feeling like I was going to die... that's the first time I found out what's is it to desire something, to love and to feel.

"Morning!" I looked at Daisy who gave me a smile

"Oh, yeah, Morning" I smiled back.

"You look horrible" she said touching my forehead "Oh dear, you've a fever!"

"Huh?" Now I'm finally in my self and realized what's going on "Fever? Aw, I think I'll take a pill or something"

"Don't you think it would be better to take a day off from work?" She asked

"I can't miss it, and that damn Manager again- I'll be fine, thanks" I went to the washroom and did my daily business and after the shower, went to work.

.

I don't think there's nothinghing to tell about work, we had nothing interesting and my tension is raising as the date of examination in coming. I had some medicine and went to Alex for the practice.

I can't miss it, I need to complete the ritual and then everything will be fine.

"Are you alright?" Alex asked, placing a cup of tea on the table as I was going though the Volume Of Demonology.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I read the book last night, yup! Fully! It was nothing special than some un-spellable words and don't remember when fell asleep while reading. It was boring, I would say.

"Hm? Hehe yeah, I am" I giggled looking at his worried face.

"You don't look so- do you have a fever?"

"A bit but I'll be fine. Alex, I don't have much time, we need to complete all this soon" I said as he nodded.

He closed the door and drew the curtains of the windows. He told me to fetch some water in the glass bucket as he started decorating the room with candles.

"Well, are we going to have a date here-?" I asked

"Pff- no silly, it's the part of the ritual" He Chuckled.

"Oh- woah-! That seems interesting. Just don't tell me that the room will set on fire"

"Of course not, we just need to follow some rules and in this way we can make your sub-conscious more stronger" He said.

"Okay...you sounds creepy" I narrowed my eyes as he showed me his tongue.

We were all ready. I put the bucket of water in the middle of the room and Alex already arranged the candles around it with rose petals.

"Uh, why do I feel that we are performing a love spell?"

"Because love is important?"

"Are you serious?" I turned towards him

"You speak too much nonsense, just trust me. Now, sit down in front of the water" he said as I sat down and he sat in front of me.

"What now?"

"Close your eyes" he said and hold my palm. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths as he told me to do so.

"Don't open your eyes and try to feel light, don't think anything, give your mind some space" he said.

It was completely silent. I could hear my breath and feel Alex still holding my hands. It was all different, you can say the feeling of peace when an unclear sound of water could be heard. The sound was calming, I could feel my body relax.

"Grace.... don't open your eyes, tell me, how are you feeling?" Alex's voice echoed in my ears.

"Relaxed, I feel peaceful" I replied but it came out almost in a whisper, I didn't want to break the peace.

"Good, now think about the fishes inside the water.... think about a group of fishes...of same kind...in the depth of water...."

I could see that in my vision, the fishes under the ocean, the most beautiful view. It was so eye-catching. The fishes are so lucky, they have nothing to worry about, have a good group of friends to help. After a while, I flinched.

"What's the matter, Grace? What did you see?" Alex asked.

"The fish- one fish is stuck between the rocks-"

"Where are the other fishes?" Now his voice started becoming hazy

"They are leaving it behind...it is calling them but it seems they can't hear it-"

I heard him chuckle, "Why are you becoming so panic because of the fish?" No, it was not Alex's voice anymore. This voice is different and it's making me feel scared.

"B-Because..... I'm the fish"

"So you see that you're unable to move, everyone is leaving behind? What are you planning to do now?"

" I don't know, I'm trying to get out- it's suffocating. I-I- oh, the rocks moved!!" I left a breath.

"Feeling relaxed?" I nodded " Now, will you join your group?"

"Yes" I smiled, after a few seconds I again started to panic "The fish...I- I am going in the different direction. I can't move my body, it's going somewhere dangerous-"

"How can you say it's dangerous?"

"I don't know but I've a feeling- I-it is the SHARK! The shark is going to eat me! Help!!" I yelled.

"You choose the wrong path, who's fault was it?"

"I don't want to die! Please save me!"

"You're a fool! You should swim to the other side to save yourself. You think any miracle would happen to save you? There's nothing to gain without struggle. Think about the moments of your life, you got nothing to lose, why are you so afriad to struggle? Why are you always so depending?"

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry...but it's coming closer... please give me another chance- I'll try-" the Shark opened it's huge mother and the next moment, I found myself surrounded my darkness.

"GRACE! GRACE, OPEN YOUR EYES!!" I opened my eyes slowly and found myself in Alex's arms.

"I-I am alive-?"

"Of course you are, are you fine? I was telling you to open your eyes but you were continuously crying and screening...." He said.

"I don't know but...I feel suffocating....I think I did a huge mistake..." I couldn't hold much and everything was getting blurred. I won't die if I close my eyes, right?

With that I fainted there only-

* * *