-Chapter 12-

-Naruto's POV-

It's been a few days since I fought with the King. We don't talk much these days. I am still mad at him and he hasn't made any effort to apologize. Therefore, neither will I. The weather has become warmer, the trees full of leaves. I haven't been able to enjoy it, my days have just been miserable. It's like I am not even there sometimes. I have become much more in my head about things.

I can't stop thinking, what is my relationship with Sasuke? Obviously, I am his servant but I don't just feel like a servant sometimes. We've always been handsy with each other and showed each other our sensitive sides. I don't think its normal for him, royalty, to carry around his peasant servant bridal style. But, if he thinks that we are more, then what am I to him? 

I'd rather not think about that for right now, it is giving me a headache. I have other things to worry about, like what he is hiding from me. Since he seems to like hiding important things from me. I have to find things out from another source, another Uchiha.

-----------o-o------------

It was late at night, I knew he would come soon. I locked my door and lit my candle so I could see him. From then I waited and waited for him to arrive. He said he had some other news to tell me as well. It's about the Akatsuki and the poison that has been attacking our villagers. It seemed like that meeting was forever ago.

I felt a gust of wind hit my back and I knew Itachi was there. I turned around to meet him face to face. He held a book, one that seemed like it held confidential information in it. My interest peaked, what could possibly be in it? He didn't tell me of this. 

"This is for you." Itachi threw the book to me.

"What is it?" I asked, a little excited to receive it.

"A little bit of the truth, of your past." Itachi replied.

I was shocked, a bit of my past was right in my hands.

"You can read it later. But there is something that Sasuke doesn't want you to know."  Itachi stated.

"Yeah like that is a first, he loves hiding things from me!" I added in spite.

Itachi stroked his hair back and chuckled.

"You guys are fighting like a married couple." He commented.

My face flared up from both being flustered and mad.

"Don't even joke at that." I glared holes into him.

Itachi shook his head and sighed. He sat down at the edge of my window.

"I'd let him tell you himself but it's urgent. It involves the Akatsuki and your safety." Itachi stated, "About three years ago, the old castle burned down. But you wouldn't remember that."

The castle Queen Sakura stays at? I heard it was rebuilt after we left but I was never told why.

"It might've seemed like any other fire, but it was really an attack by the Akatsuki." He informed.

"Why can't I remember something so important?" I asked impatiently.

"You can't remember it because they attacked you. It was for their plan." Itachi recalled.

"They attacked me for their plan? Why?" I inquired.

"You have to keep this a secret from everyone else, but they have a big plan. I'm sure that you think that if you tell all the leaders this that the Akatsuki would be cornered, but they already have a backup plan for that scenario." He warned.

"Okay, I won't. But what is this big plan?" I replied.

"They want to take the power of all the Jinchuriki, and make themselves the rulers of the world. For this plan to work they would need to capture and collect each tailed beast. Naruto, if they catch you and remove your tailed beast, you will die." Itachi stated.

"I'll die?" I repeated, dumbfounded.

He simply nodded.

"This attack at the old castle was almost successful, but thankfully they weren't." Itachi sighed, "They made sure that you would be the one to be hit with a tile, leaving you in a coma for months. Some other things happened that made you broke an arm and a leg."

"But what caused them to not be successful, and the poison, what does that have to do with it?" I rambled on.

"Not my story to tell," Itachi paused and got up, "The poison is a diversion."

He did the infamous poke on the head and started heading out.

"Don't forget to read that book," He said, turning around to look at me. "And be careful, okay?" 

With that he jumped out of my window.

-----------o-o------------

Later that night

I wanted to read the book in the morning but the curiosity kept me tossing and turning. Eventually, I just jumped out of bed and went over to my desk. Once there I moved my ink, paper, and other things I had gathered on there. I plopped the book down and examined it. It was called "Tale of the Fallen Kingdom." If it has something to do with my family, then it must be important right?

I flipped to the first page and started reading it. It said,

"In a not-so distant past, there was a powerful kingdom that was climbing the ladder. The people of this kingdom respected the King and Queen, as they were gracious and kind to all of their people. But unaware to the this rising kingdom, there were many people who were  

Feeling threatened, these kingdoms came together to devise a plan against the gracious King and Queen. It would be disastrous and completely ruin them. They wanted to hold this growing kingdom accountable. How dare they destroy what others had built up for centuries? 

There was a certain organization that was ordered to carry out with this plan. They were perfect for the job, and very powerful too. 

When the day came they unleashed a creature unknown upon the people, knowing it would drag in their King and Queen. It would be then that they would strike.

Trying to defend everything they worked hard for, the King and Queen ran over to save the people and get them to safety. It was risky for they could be attacked while vulnerable. But they had to stop the monster from it's rage.

The creature was grotesque, rogue, and uncontrollable. Nine raging tails were the staple of it's power, where it came from, no one knew. It had the most power out of all other beasts, it was bound to cause chaos.

They were attacked when they were vulnerable. Having the King and Queen down left the rest of the village a piece of cake.

The kingdom was in ruins, no longer inhabited. Blood strewn everywhere, bodies decorated the streets. 

Little did they know, a baby taken far into the forest would harvest the ravenous beast. The baby was picked from a choice of children to hold the beast and control it.

Where they are still remains a mystery. Or does it? To be Continued..."

If this is talking about my life, I must be the baby who harvests the beast of nine-tails. That would mean that I have the strongest one. If each tail represents more power, so that would mean I have the most. The lowest would be one tail and the highest being nine.

I was hoping that there might be a sliver of my family left, but I guess there is only me. Not even the King and Queen survived the attack, so why me? Who gave me the beast?

I have more questions than before, I still don't even know who my family is. But nevertheless I am still glad I read it. 

I fell asleep thinking about the book and the information I learned from Itachi today. Maybe I should meet Bee soon.