-Chapter 13-

-Naruto's POV-

After a refreshing sleep, I started getting my thoughts together. I opened the curtains to be greeted with the overwhelming brightness of the sun. I instantly squinted my eyes and covered the sun with my arm. It was so beautiful out. The summer breeze gently rippling through my hair. I looked out to ocean, thinking about what is out there.

Getting out of the zone, I walked over to my desk and started to think. If I go to Kumogakure now, it would be the best time. I am sure that the Akatsuki is planning something and they would most likely suspect that I'd be in the kingdom, since I am always attached to Sasuke's hip. Of course, he is going to deny me from going. I just have to get prepared before he notices and tell him at the last minute. But, I can just write a letter for him to find near his bed and I won't have to go through the hassle. This is what's best for the kingdom, and for us right now.

Determined, I got out of my chair and rushed to the closet. I was going to be gone for what, a week?  I had already sent Bee a letter telling him I was coming. I had gotten my luggage together and headed outside.

-----------o-o------------

Even though Sasuke hardly uses them, we have special horses, or at least he does. I'd never be able to use a carriage without Sasuke's permission. I walked by all the horses, until finally picking the white one that I always use.

After getting her out of her pen, I put my luggage on her and put her near the back exit. Once there I went by the garden to pick a nice tomato for Sasuke. I looked thoroughly until I found the perfect one for him. I walked up the stairs and got to his room. I gently creaked the door open and walked in quietly. I had his tomato in one hand and my letter in the other. He was sound asleep, or rather I should I say they were sound asleep.

Sakura was sleeping next to Sasuke and cuddling his arm. I felt a stab through my heart just watching it. How could it be that not even that long ago, Sasuke would not even touch her. In fact, he only ever slapped her because she was harassing me. But it is like over night he changed his opinions on her and it's just so mind boggling to me.

I placed the letter gently on his table and put the tomato on top of it, just incase it got windy and it wanted to float away. I retreated quietly taking one more longing look at Sasuke. Then looking over to Sakura I felt a bit of resentment in the pit of my stomach. I should be the one cuddling Sasuke's arm, not her.

-----------o-o------------

I exited the castle without anyone noticing me doing suspicious. Once out of sight, I ran over to where the horse was. I hopped on her and rode off as fast as I could. I was surprised that not one of the guards were protecting the back exit, as it could be a potential blind spot for the Akatsuki. Ugh, I can think of that when I get back.

I opened the map that I had on me. I would need to go through Yugakure and Shimogakure before I enter Kumogakure. It should be fine and pretty interesting.

I feel a little giddy, like a teenager sneaking out of the house for the first time. I usually am too busy with Sasuke to really get a look at the scenery. I hope his highness will be okay without me, I am still pretty angry at him from our argument. I have no trust in him right now, how can things work out without any trust?

-----------o-o------------

I just made it to Yugakure and stopped at a hot spring for a little break. When I got in, it was warm and relaxing. It was exactly what I needed. I wonder if Sasuke thought the same way when he went on vacation. I guess I can't stop thinking about him, no matter where I am.

I made an unamused face and put my hand on my cheek. Then out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a familiar man with strange markings and long white hair looking at the women's side of the hot springs through a tiny peep hole.

"Pervy Sage?" I asked, tilting my head.

Recognizing my voice, he turned over to me.

"Naruto, what a surprise!" He said shocked, "As you can tell, I am doing my research."

"Yeah, research for that 'novel'" I grumbled.

"It's a great book, kid." He replied, " But let me guess, you want to train again?"

"Well yeah, I do. It's been a while since I had actually trained. I am kind of busy right now though, ya know." I said, messing with the water.

"Huh, well that's alright." Jiraiya replied, "Just come see me when you're done with what ever you are doing."

"Okay! I should probably get going now though. I stayed long overdue anyways." I said sheepishly.

He waved goodbye as I left the hot springs. I'm sure that he will go right back to his damned research. I mean he is Pervy Sage after all.

He trained me in the past and is the holder of the seal that keeps the nine tails in. He helped me when I was little and thought I was unworthy of protecting Sasuke. He helped me get a lot stronger and more confident in my abilities.

-----------o-o------------

I was back on the road, feeling refreshed after my break. I was hoping that I could get to Kumogakure before the day ended, but it seemed like that wasn't going to be possible.

 So, I found an inn to stay in for the night. It was dirt cheap, so it would make sense that it wasn't the most cleanly place. It was manageable at least and that was all that mattered, it was one night after all.

-----------o-o------------

I woke up after a not-so great sleep and got ready to leave. My neck hurt from the rock hard pillow but it was better than sleeping outside with the wilderness. I walked down the hall with all my stuff. Thanking the lady, I stepped outside to go get my horse who was waiting for me patiently. 

I unwrapped the lead and got on the horse. From there, we got back on the road. It was take a few more hours before we got to Kumogakure.

-----------o-o------------

I finally reached the gate. It was immediately recognizable from the large clouds looming around. The guards were skeptical of me at first and soon enough let me in. I thought it was fascinating how there were high up on rocks. But the height between down below and up here where I was is a little intimidating to say the least.

After being guided through the village, I finally reached the King Ay's palace. I was a little nervous to be honest, Ay is really harsh, or at least harsher than the rest of the leaders. I just hope that the interaction is short.

The guards standing in front of the palace followed me as I made my way to the throne room. When I walked into the throne room, I saw King Ay looking stern and Bee rapping to himself. I took a deep breath and introduced myself.

Apologetically bowing to King Ay, I said, "Good afternoon, I am sorry for the short notice. I am Naruto, servant of Konohagakure's King."

"Don't bow your head so easily. You are a royal servant, are you not?" Ay scolded. "Anyways, you're here to train with Bee, right brat of Konoha?"

"Um, yes." I responded promptly.

"Well before you go, let me tell you something" Ay stated.

Suddenly he broke a nearby table.

"If you pull anything funny, this will be you." 

I shivered at the thought of that. He would then release Bee and I from the throne room.

"Yo Naruto," Bee said, gaining my attention. "I'm the Killer Bee the Eight-tails jinchuriki, fool ya fool!"

He put his fist out and we fist pumped. From then on, we started the long and exciting week of training.