-Chapter 21-

-Naruto's POV-

I slowly open my eyes to a blurry room. I am blinded by a light in my eyes. I squint my eyes, blocking it out with my arm. Slowly coming to my senses, I stretch my body, feeling like I just had the best sleep. Finally, the room cleared up and I could see that I was in the kingdom's infirmary. I heard something shift next to me. I turned to the noise and saw that Sasuke was there, sleeping next to me. His head rested in his hands on the bed. He must've been here the whole time I was out. He's there for me just like he promised. I really survived.

I stare at his sleeping body, perfection at its peak. His jet-black hair softer than a cloud, his pale skin shining, the small movements of his body while he's breathing. I got to see it again, I lived another day. Slowly, I raised my hand to his head and ran my fingers through his hair lovingly. A small smile graces Sasuke's face. This was all I ever wanted. Us together, our hearts beating in sync. 

I feel his body shift, waking up gently. His eyes fluttered open, and he stares at me for a second. His face lights up upon realizing that I am awake.

"Naruto," Sasuke said, smiling at me. "Good morning, sleeping beauty."

He takes my hand into his and kisses it. I feel my face heat up and smile.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked, a little disoriented timewise.

"It's been around a fortnight." He informs.

"I see," I trailed off. "You really stayed here for me that long?"

"Of course, I told you I would. I would hate myself if I wasn't there when you were finally awoken from your coma. I think I only went to the prisons and the bathroom, to be completely honest." He confessed.

I giggle cheerily.

"I'm glad to see you. I really thought it was the end for me." I revealed.

He caresses my face with his free hand.

"I knew you would wake up. You wouldn't leave the ones you love behind." He stated.

"Sasuke?" I asked.

"Yes?" He replied.

"Can you fill me in on what has happened while I was out?" I asked, shyly.

"Well," He stated. "Danzo and Sakura were imprisoned shortly after we came back. I had to go to the prisons to sort out their punishment. I was waiting for you to wake up so we could do it. The villagers caught word of the fight and your sacrifice to save me, so you have a high respect from the villagers right now. I had Kakashi be at the throne, while I did the paperwork here. I just wanted to be with you the whole time."

"I guess you've been busy." I speak.

He nods.

I decide to try to get up and sit at the edge of the bed. Gathering the strength to get up, I take two steps and almost stumble. Sasuke catches me and I hear him chuckle deeply.

"What's so funny, bastard?" I ask, embarrassed that I can't even walk straight.

"Nothing, I just thought you looked like a cute little baby deer learning to walk." He teases to further my embarrassment.

He grabs me and holds me close. He was trying to keep my body up, so I don't fall.

"I can walk on my own!" I reply, almost pleading.

I move out of his arms to try to walk on my own. He folds his arms while staring at me with a smirk. I want to punch it off of his face! I am having an embarrassing moment and he's taking enjoyment from this! What happened to the nice Sasuke?