-Chapter 15-

-Sasuke's POV-

I sat at my throne to look the part of king, but I've been in my head. Kakashi was basically took over role of King for me. I grasped the letter tightly, the feeling of morose taking over. It's been a few days since Naruto disappeared from the kingdom. I can't help but feel worried, what if he is gone for a long time? What if he got hurt where ever he is.

It all started a few days ago when I woke up later than usual. I shoved Sakura's sleeping body off my arm and sat up on the side of my bed. I stretched and wiped the sleepiness from my eyes. Finally awake, I noticed a tomato and a suspicious letter. I thought it was strange that there was a letter in my room because Naruto usually takes my letters. Reluctantly, I grabbed the letter and tomato. I was pretty hungry so I eat first and then opened the letter. Immediately my heart sank, it was Naruto's handwriting.

Sasuke,

If you are reading this, then I have already left. I asked Kakashi to substitute for me. I'm sure you are wondering why I would leave out of the blue. The truth is that I've been thinking about this for a while. I have become confused on our relationship and what I mean to you. I can't trust you, I know you want good for me but I feel lied to. I thought we agreed a long time ago that you wouldn't keep secrets from me. But I've been finding out all of these secrets that you're keeping from me and I just can't believe anything you say.

So, I am going to go for a while. I can't be here when you're feeding me misinformation about my life. That you'd leave out that I was in a coma and hurt. That you wouldn't telling me about your marriage. That you refuse to tell me about the thing inside me. That you won't tell me about my own family.

You need to change, Sasuke. I can't sit here and watch you go down this path and destroying my trust in you over and over again. Sasuke, to be completely honest, you are a shitty king. You are arrogant and won't sympathize with your own people! Remember who we are fighting for, the innocent and the ones who put their lives on the line for our kingdom to remain standing, and for me as well. Please Sasuke, this is your last chance. My patience only wears so thin.

Sincerely,

Naruto

I sat on the bed, shocked. There is no way he left, this is just one of his pranks. I shot up from the bed and ran right to his room. Opening the door, I saw no one. I started to search the whole kingdom for him. Calling his name, checking every room, and any place he'd be hiding.

Eventually, I just gave up and gloomily sat on my throne. I ran my hands through my hair. He's really gone. I want to sent out a search for him, but I know he wouldn't want that. I should trust him and comply with his wishes. He'll be back, I'm sure.

-----------o-o------------

I sat in shame, wallowing in my own self-pity. I guess this was the wake up call I needed. I started thinking about the letter. Why did he leave? I lied to him about his life, I constantly put him in danger, don't tell him important information, and I broke promises. Who's the main problem in this one, Sasuke?

But he didn't have to leave, we could've talked it out! Who am I kidding, the last time we tried that he flipped on me because I got defensive. It's not my fault completely, right? 

Right?

I laughed in defeat. You win, Naruto. You know me better than anyone else. I just wish it didn't have to come to this. I don't want him to go, I don't want him to leave me for good. I'm no good at all without him here.