.I.V.

❝You can shout or you can scream

But it won't save you from the midnight trickery

When the daylight disappears,

you'll find no shelter in this tangled web of fear.❞

Dead of Night, Ruelle.

.The Making At The Heart Of The World.

.Part two.

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪

A while had past, no bizarre events had occurred which gave Ambrosia hope that maybe they would survive this journey across the Fold. If the sound of the train didn't drive her crazy like it had been.

"What was that?" Jesper quivered.

"I've erected a system of timers along the line. Bits of metal hung on poles to keep apprised of our pace." He explained.

"How did you know where to put the poles?" Kaz queried.

"Physics and engineering account for...most of my success," he explained again.

"And the rest?" Inej asked.

"What we might call divine intervention. What others might call luck," he answered while looking at them all through his eyebrows. "And after all, the Fold is thick with volcra, and the tracks are not complete."

There was an eerily stiffness in there air now, Arken interrupted as he turned to Kaz, "more coal please."

"I'm sorry," Jesper spoke up, "did you say the tracks weren't complete?"

"I said they aren't complete," Arken corrected him.

"What?" Jesper quizzed as he shifted and moved around in his seat. He was trying to articulate an understandable sentence to explain his bafflement further.

"Ah ah ah, no moving!" Arken urged as he raised a finger. Jesper obeyed and sat back down against the wall of the train like a small grumpy child who didn't get some sweets in a shop trip. "We're a tad late. More coal," he instructed Kaz.

"Back to the real issue!" Jesper whined, "we're on tracks that don't connect to other tracks?"

"Yes, there's a gap, but-"