.I.XIII.

❝The sun also rises on those who fail to call

My life, it comprises of losses and wins and fails and falls

I can do it if you really, really like that

I know what you really want, b-baby

I can do it if you think you like that

You should run, boy, run❞

Money Power Glory, Lana Del Rey.

.The Unsea.

.Part three.

The Crows laid hidden amongst the tall grass, Ambrosia in between Kaz and Inej and Jesper was beside her. "How many are there?" Inej asked, watching the soldiers investigate the train in the distance.

"Two. At some point, one of them will have to go tell a superior what they found," Ambrosia replied as she shifted her weight on the grass.

"We'll go in then," Kaz finished.

"Not to be that person, Kaz, but are you sure you can drive that thing?" Jesper asked to which Kaz responded with a half annoyed half unbothered face

"Yes. On the way to Kribirsk, while you were hugging bait..." Kaz began but was cut off my Jesper, "you were hugging Ambrosia. And the goat's name is Milo, Kaz, Milo. "

"...I was memorising Arken's timings." Kaz continued as Inej turned to him.

"Not to gang up on you, but Jesper has a point." Inej told him softly.

"Arken's system was complicated and the ride was chaotic." Inej added while Ambrosia lifted up to face Jesper. "No one would blame you for missing a count."

"Pst Jes, was it really that bad?" Ambrosia staged whispered over Inej, Jesper grimaced and nodded. As Ambrosia laid back down Kaz lifted an eyebrow at her and quoted in disbelief, "Jes?"

"It's Suli, for friendship." Jesper butted in, shuffling closer with a giddy smile.

The two girls playfully rolled their eyes, "no it's not."

"Trust me. Arken and I think alike." An explosion cut him off and the four Crows slowly lifted their gaze to see their one way ticket through the Fold blow up.

"Too soon to appreciate the irony, am I right?" Jesper asked, trying to lighten the mood a little. After Kaz's unamused stare he smiled to himself and kept nodding. "Yeah, too soon."