.II.II.

❝Know that I loved you so bad,

I let you treat me like that.

I was your willing accomplice, honey.

And I watched as you fled the scene,

doe-eyed as you buried me.

One heart broke, four hands bloody.

Those things I did,

just so I could call you mine.

The things you did.

Well, I hope I was your favorite crime.❞

Favourite crime, Olivia Rodrigo.

.No Shelter But Me.

.Part Two.

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪

The types of phrases you could use to define Ketterdam would depend on how and with whom you lived your life. For instance, you may call it pleasant or quiet if you just stuck out with the people in the University district and stay in the city's safer, brighter, more monotonous parts. When presenting Ketterdam, though, you might use terms like danger, filth, corrupt, or merciless if you spend your time gambling over money and lives with the criminals in the shallowest parts of the Barrel.

If there was one thing the Crows needed right now, it would be a drink at the Crow Club - maybe even a game of cards for Jesper if Kaz didn't put him on the door. "Home Sweet Home," Jesper sighed as the familiar buildings of the Barrel came into view. "Straight off the boat from Ravka and no one was waiting to kill us as soon as we arrived. Yay. That's a good sign." His tone lightened, trying to keep a conversation between the downhearted trio as best he could. "I think I might celebrate with a little dice and debauchery."