.I.X.

❝Picture, you're the queen of everything

Far as the eye can see under your command

I will be your guardian when all is crumbling

I'll steady your hand

You can never say never

While we don't know when

But time, time and time again.❞

Never Say Never, The Fray.

.The Heart is an Arrow.

.Part One.

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪

Around half way through the ride, Kaz had Jesper stop the carriage so Ambrosia and him could sit in the main part. He could tell she was having problems sitting up straight and he wanted to sit with her to keep an eye on her. When she sat down in the corner, she arched forward slightly to ease the pain. But it didn't work.

"Lay down," Kaz suggested from where he sat across from her.

She did as he suggested and laid out across the seats, Kaz took off his jacket and used it to prop her head up. Before he did though, he pulled out a single red wildflower and slipped it into her hair. She smiled up at him at the small gesture, her eyes unnerved him, there was no glisten of light like there usually was. They were dim grey rocks that stored pain.

"I never told you the reason to why I came back."

He raised an eyebrow at her start of a conversation.

"I came back to check on you," she merely whispered due to the pain, "I left you at such a hard time. I'm proud of what you've managed to create."

Something twinged inside him, she was proud of him? Kaz couldn't remember the last time someone had ever said that to him, or even if someone had. He usually didn't make people proud, he gave them someone to fear not to be proud of. "Yeah,well." He was lost of words a little, "I had to find a way to survive to be able to see you again."