.I.IX.

❝And I will make sure to keep my distance,

Say I love you when you're not listening,

How long, can we keep this up, up, up?

Please don't stand so close to me

I'm having trouble breathing.

I'm afraid of what you'll see, right now.

Younger now than we were before. ❞

Distance, Christina Perri

.Show me who you are.

.Part two.

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪

Hours had passed by and Ambrosia had changed out of the kefta and into the guards uniform. She'd left her coat with Jesper and he seemed rather proud to be trusted with the vampress' coat. She'd also, once again, left her dress on underneath to make outfit changes easier.

Now Ambrosia was waiting patiently at the checkpoint for the Bastard of the Barrel to show up. Kaz came down the stairs and found the girl leant against the pole looking up at him, he briefly kissed her on the head in a show of greeting and relief that she was alright.

Ambrosia stood shocked for a moment before shaking it off, "that's new?"

Kaz didn't answer as seconds later Inej came down the stairs, "is it my size?" The small Suli girl asked as Kaz passed her the guards uniform he'd gotten for her.

"You have to ask?"

"Do you remember what happened last time we did this?" She looked straight at Kaz before turning her eyes to Ambrosia in a look of plead, "got me a man's uniform."

Ambrosia raised her eyebrows, "he didn't?"

"It worked, didn't it?"

"Just be happy I'm eager to get out of this," only she seemed more than happy to get out of the ridiculous outfit Marko had given her.

"You gave her a man's uniform?" Ambrosia questioned Kaz with condemnation. She jumped an eyebrow, waiting for him to rise to her argument.

The footsteps that came down the stairs next saved him from having to. "See you at the meeting point," Arken said before leaving with the clothes Kaz passed him.