Cold hands, warm heart

If you are reading this it probably means that I am dead, although it could also be that I had forgotten to take the box back from the hole...

Dead?

I am the second daughter of the deceased Kings Agnar and Iduna, and the sister of Queen Elsa, the rightful Queen of Arendelle. If luck accompanies my sister, now she will be reigning; if it has not been the case, probably the jerk of Hans has taken over the throne. I was hoping I could help her, but I think I've ruined her life. Although, well, it's not that she fell short of me. Okay, hers was unintentional, but so was mine.

You're not getting anything at all, are you? There's nothing to worry about, I'll bring you up to date.

My parents passed away three years ago when their ship sank offshore. Almost since I can remember, I've lived practically alone, not even my sister allowed me to get close to her; but, from that day on, the loneliness was complete. The last three years of my life have been the hardest I've ever experienced until... well, until now that I'm about to freeze to death and stuff.

"Oh, c'mon..."

Oops, I'm going around the bush. The fact is my sister just turned twenty-one and a few days ago it was her coronation. Well, that day, for the first time since I was five, the castle was opened and I was going to be able to interact with someone other than the castle staff. Don't get me wrong, they are wonderful people, but they don't stop treating me like a princess instead of a person, I don't know if you see my point... Well, as was logical, I took advantage and left the castle almost flying and, as soon as I put my feet outside, I met Hans, the youngest of the thirteen princes of the Southern Isles. We hit it off so suddenly and brutally that I must have realized it was a big lie, but I didn't. I thought that that boy was the first person who saw me for myself and when he asked me to marry him that same day, I felt that it was my only chance to stop living a life of loneliness, so I accepted.

"You got engaged to someone you just met that day?"

I know what you're thinking. Crazy, right? Well, you're right. We asked my sister for her blessing and she, who apparently is more on the ball than me, refused to give it to us.

"Thank godness..."

So I faced her. I couldn't take that life anymore. I couldn't accept going back to loneliness. The point is that I put her nerves on edge until, accidentally, she showed everyone present the reason why we had lived isolated and separated during all those years: her ice powers.

It sounds weird, I know, but it's true. Can you believe it? Thirteen years alone and no one had ever explained to me what it was due to. I'm not going to put myself here to explain how the lack of confidence in me that my parents and my sister have shown makes me feel, but... ouch.

It was a story, just a story. But I couldn't help feeling a deep rage thinking about the feelings of that poor girl growing up isolated without understanding what was going on around her for so many years; throughout almost all her life. And yet, she talked about it downplaying it, like it wasn't a big deal.

Okay, so I went in search of my sister and left Hans in charge of the kingdom. During that trip, I almost died frozen by the snowstorm that she sparked throughout the kingdom and, when absolutely exhausted I finally managed to reach the amazing ice palace that she had built, I brought out her fears again and took an accidental magic ice beam to the heart. And, again, ouch.

As painful as it was, it didn't seem like anything serious, but I had to get out of there anyway when her kind snow golem threw me down the stairs.