You snooze, you lose

The light and colors suddenly returned to me and I found myself in the middle of the forest clearing where Anna froze, next to the Flemmingrad of the first day, and before the expectant look of Anna who seemed to wait for me.

"Kristoff!! Is it really you?"

"Yeah, I think so," I said laughing. "And you are..."

"Oh my God! You don't remember me?!"

Her face showed a degree of terror that made me realize that surely this wasn't the situation to be joking around.

"Of course I remember you, feisty pants. How could I forget you?"

Suppressing the laugh that wanted to be born in me didn't free me from Anna's punch in the arm.

"You! Idiot!" she yelled fighting her own tears.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It wasn't a good idea, I admit it."

"No, it wasn't," she said pouting.

I hugged her apologetically and enjoyed for a few seconds the relief of, wherever we were, having her with me.

"So... is this the past?" I asked looking around again and noticing something different in the environment. The air blew colder, the trees looked skinnier and a bit lower... even the sky looked different. I couldn't say exactly what it was what changed, but nothing was the same.

"The box is still in the hole," Anna said leaning out of the hole she made near the troll's feet. "But there is no ice statue..."

"That's because you've replaced yourself, right?"

"So I'm back?"

"There's only one way to find it out."

"You're right! Get on with it!"

"Okay. What's your plan?"

"Plan?"

"Don't have a plan?"

"Have you seen me make one?"

"Arghhh..." I growled.

"What?! The future was very interesting! I had to take the opportunity to enjoy it before going back!"

"Alright. So, now what?"

"Well, obviously, we're going to find Elsa. Her magic will come in handy to face Hans."

"Are we going to find the woman who froze you and who doesn't control her powers?"

"Yep."

"And what do we do when she freeze us?"

"Then, we thaw each other. We won't lack acts of true love, will we?"

"And what if she freezes both of us at the same time?"

"What are the chances of that happening? It's more likely for us to be crushed by her snow giant."

"Great... That sounds so much better..."

"Come on, Elsa's this way."

We walked for a long way through those mountains, gradually entering the tremendous snowfall with which the probably current queen had covered almost all the territory belonging to Arendelle. We took warm clothes out of our backpack and put on those clothes that were not going to make us go unnoticed at the beginning of the 19th century but that would keep us safe from the cold.

After a few hours of hard walking, we reached an immense wall of ice that served as a rampart for an awesome and beautiful ice palace.

"What's this?" Anna asked pretty puzzled. "When I was here, there was no wall."