Birds of a feather flock together

The most beautiful voice I had ever heard sounded just behind me.

"I can't believe it! It worked!!"

I turned around with a start and couldn't believe my eyes. The sculpture was gone, and in its place, a rosy blue-eyed redhead stared at her hands with a mixture of disbelief and excitement. My jacket rested on her shoulders and her face was exactly the same as that of the ice figure, but much more detailed, smooth and speckled with freckles.

"I love that little guy! He saved my ass! Hey, wait! Does that mean it's December?"

"July, actually," I answered knowing that at that moment there would be someone laughing at me. I didn't know how or where they had hidden, but the change had been praiseworthy.

The girl looked up, fixed her eyes on me, and surveyed me in the distance with apparent bewilderment.

"And you are..."

"Kristoff," I said holding out my hand to that dreamy woman who had just fooled me at her will.

The girl seemed to hesitate for a moment, but soon she moved her arm to shake my hand; however, as she did so, my jacket slipped slightly and she turned her attention to it. She took it carefully and looked it up and down. The jacket reached almost to her knees. Then, she looked at me again.

"Is this yours?

"Uh... yeah... it seems that way."

"You... saved me?"

"No, I don't think so. I did nothing."

"But... what about this...?" she said showing me the jacket.

"You seemed cold. Well, you know, the ice sculpture that was here a moment ago."

"Oh, yeah... That was me."

"Sure."

"Excuse me?"

"See. I have no idea of why you've mounted this little act, but it's over, okay? I've found it, I've read the letter, there's no ice... End of the show. I'm going home."

"I have no idea what are you talking about."

"I bet you get the best grades at the Drama School."

"What school?"

"Have a nice day, or night, whatever."

I turned again hoping to leave everything behind as quickly as possible and trying to silence the absurd rage growing inside me knowing the obvious: that Anna who had conquered my heart, never existed.

"Wait, wait, wait! Kristoff!"

"What now?"

"You say you've read the note?"

"To that novel, do you call note?"

"Fine, the brief letter..."

"I've read it. What with that?"

"Do you know what happened to Elsa? Has she returned to Arendelle?"

"What?"

"You said it is still July. This isn't so long. Maybe I'm still in time to uncover Hans and avoid his reign. What day is today?"

"Seventeenth."

"Great! Only one day has passed! Wao! Wait, I've been dead a whole day... Creepy, right?"

No doubt, she was a good actress, but, despite knowing that she was trying to cheat me, for some reason, I was liking her so much as the girl of the letter.