You can never learn too much

1816. She came from 1816!

I knew it wasn't true, that she would simply have documented herself before all this mess began, but, there it was: the tragic death of the kings Agnar and Iduna, the brief reign of their daughter Elsa, the year without a summer due, in theory, to the eruption of a volcano on the other side of the world, the disappearance of Princess Anna after reciting her wedding vows with a certain Hans (information that Anna swears and perjures is totally false), the accusation of treason towards the queen by the aforementioned and Elsa's disappearance before being executed. Forty years of Hans's reign since then. Children, grandchildren... generations and generations of Westergards until the present time.

"She's alive... He didn't get to kill her!"

"Yeah... not that I want to sink you or anything like that, but... I don't think she's alive. Either the cold preserves her really well or it's probably been more than a hundred years since she left this world."

"Does that mean you believe me already?"

"Absolutely not."

"Come on! Your magic machine is telling you, not me!"

"Who tells me you haven't read all this on your own magic machine and that you've set your lie based on it?"

Anna groaned in frustration.

"You are so stubborn!"

"I'm not going to deny that."

"Ok, now what? If you're not going to believe me in any way, what am I doing here? No one is going to live more than two hundred years to tell you 'Hey man, the girl is telling the truth.' Wait!"

The gleam in her gaze made me wince. Whatever madness was that had just crossed her mind, I knew it was going to finally convince me.

"Are you sleepy?"

"You think I'm going to sleep with a possible psychopath inside the house?"

"Great, I have a plan, then."

And she dragged me through the forest again. Wasn't she tired? Hours and hours and more hours of forest. And the day came, and she kept walking. My guts were roaring and we were further and further away from civilization.

"You're guiding me to your lair to eating me, isn't it?"

"Dream on."

No doubt it wasn't the time, but the colors rose to my ears.

We walked for half a day more until we reached an area of especially dense vegetation, full of steam vents, moss, and lots and lots of round stones scattered everywhere.

"C'mon..."

"There is someone for whom two hundred years is nothing."

"You don't expect me to actually believe these stones are trolls, do you?"

"Humans... the more they know, the more ignorant they become."

That voice did not come from Anna, it came from one of those stones.

'A recording, Kristoff; it's just a recording.'

But it wasn't. The stone that rested right at my feet unfolded itself into a plump, giggling troll lady. I fell on my ass.

"Bulda!"

"Oh, for all the rocks in the universe's sake! Anna! You are alive!"

'It could still be a montage. Kristoff, you make robots. This's a toy... right?'

Then, as called by the cry of that Bulda, all the other stones, rolled until they reached us and unfolded in the same way.

"Is Anna!"

"She's back!"

The trolls roared their joy as they leaped and hugged the girl. It could still be a set stage, I knew it wasn't impossible, but I gave up. I didn't want to fight my instincts anymore. To hell with logic. These were real trolls and this was Anna, the princess of Arendelle who had been frozen for two hundred and five years and had just magically returned to life. This was Anna, the woman whom, without a logical explanation, I loved.