Chapter 6: Second Dad

After everyone but Ash finished eating, Ash recalled all of his Pokémon. Leaving his pikachu, Lucario and Greninja. They all collect a blanket each and went to sleep. Mew made a pink bubble to sleep on.

Once everyone was asleep. Ash moved and opened his eyes. 'Great everyone's asleep'. With that thought Ash stood up and walked to were he got change a while ago.

When Ash got there he sat down and lent against the wall. He started to think of what to do now. Ash looked down at his wrist. To see the nexodex. He tapped a few buttons and looked at the news.

Breaking New!

Ash Ketchum dead?!

Ash Ketchum killed himself, on the 22 of May this year.

The day he killed himself he just turned 12. Ash told some Pokémon to fire there most powerful attacks at him. Killing him instantly.

The attacks where so intestines that his body was disinterested. There are no remains of him.

We would like you to reman silence for a minute in respect. Ash Ketchum was a hero. He save many people. Many Pokémon. Regions and even the world.

We would like to send are condolences to those who where close to Ash. Here are a few words from people Ash knew.

Ash mum- Delia Ketchum
"My son was always so kind. He never gave up. I'm so proud of him. I don't know why he would do this! *starts to cry* I just..I miss him"

Ash thought to himself 'you should have been a actress Delia that was some good acting'. Ash continue to listen.

He listen to nearly every who betrayed him, talk about him. They where lying on live TV. Next was Professor Kukui.

Professor Kukui- Ash's teacher.
"Ash lived with me when he was in Alola. He was very spirited. *Kukui took a deep breath before continuing*. He never gave up. If he came across a challenge. He'd find so amazing way to over come it. Never once did I see him down for longer than a few minutes, because in those few minutes. He'd take a deep breath and calm his thoughts. Ash was very special. He meet all of the Alola legendary Pokémon. Tapu Koko was always watching Ash. He and the other Alola guardians, helped Ash when he needed it and Ash helped them when they needed it. He had a heart of Gold. And a soul full of light. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be who I am today, and for that I'm great-full. I'm going to miss Ash. Ash, my son".
With that Kukui broke down.

Ash stared blankly at his watch screen. 'Kukui thought of me as a son? Kukui I'm glad and honoured that you seen me as a son. I'm sorry for the pain I've caused you'. Ash thought. 'I hope we meet again....Dad. My second father'.

Ash was about to turn it off and go back so he can try to get some sleep. When he saw Gary on the screen. Gary has looked better. Garry had bags under his eyes, looking like he hasn't slept since it happened. His eyes where red a puff from crying. His hair was a mess and so where his clothes. Gary had his umbreon out. Umbreon sat on Gary's knee trying to confit him.

Ash was worried when he saw how Gary was. He wanted to hug Gary and tell it was ok. But he couldn't. At less. It yet.

Gary Oak- Friend.
"Ash was always stupidly stubborn. Never gave up without a fight. He had a quote he always said 'never give up till it's over'. That quote alone said everything about him. How strong willed his was. How determined his was. If you looked close enough you could see the fire of determination that was in his eyes every time he came across a challenge. Before Ash I was a snarky, over confidence and a up right bully. Ash made me a better person. If it won't for him I'd still be all of those. But he changed me. Because of him I'm becoming a professor. I'm going to miss ya Ashy boy.

Ash wanted to cry. But for some reason he couldn't. Tears would not fall. He wanted to scream. But no sound came out his mouth. He wanted to scream shout, say anything. But no matter how much he moved his mouth no words came out.

He knew he said he won't speak to anyone. Unless it was to safe someone he cared about. But this. This was different. It was like he became mute? Like if he spoke he might just break someone. Hurt someone.

He kept trying to scream, shout make a sound. But nothing happened. After trying for 3 hours. He came to he conclusion that he could no longer speak. He became selectively mute. To be honest he can't really say he's surprised. Not after what's happened.

He'll have to fine some way to communicate. He also notice that his face was wet. But he didn't know he was crying. He throat hurt from trying to make any type of sound. He wiped his face and took a few deep breath calming himself. Professor Kukui was right. It is what he always does.

After calming down. He stood up on shaking legs. Once he regained his balance. Ash slowly made his was back to the others. If they woke up and he wasn't there. Who knows how worried he'd make them. And he thinks he caused enough worries and sadness for a life time.

Ash finally got back to where everyone was sleeping. He made his way over to where his blanket was. He laid down and put the blanket over him. Not long after did the darkness of sleep take Ash. And he when willing. Happy to have a break from the cruel world he lives on. Happy to at for even a few hours he can get away from it. That he can dream of a better world. One where humans and Pokémon coexist in peace.