Chapter Nine

Nicholas Waters just kissed me... and I let him. I let this arrogant, irritating billionaire who probably possesses STDs kiss me... and I was pissed. Even more than I was before he kissed me. "You're a jackass." I glared. 

He chuckled. "You're sexy," He said while putting his hand on my waist once more.

I flinched. "Don't touch me."

"You're the one who was touching me," He said with a trail of humor leaving his tongue,

I want that tongue, I thought. I shook my head at my own thoughts in disgust.

He stood there with his smug smile and his conceited attitude, waiting for me to react. But, pulling his attention away from me, a perky blonde walked into the room. "Hello, Nick." She smiled, gazing at him longingly and completely ignoring my presence.

Mr. Waters studied the girl with attentiveness. I stared at him in awe. Less than two minutes before this woman walked in he was kissing me, and he's already thinking about another girl. 

I shook my head in incredulity. "Asshole." I hissed towards my undeniably opressive pig of a boss before stomping out of his office.

And of course, being the hopeless romantic I am, I anticipated for him to run after me. Nonetheless, the realization hit me when I heard his door slam shut behind me. Mr. Waters wasn't going to change for me or for anybody else. 

-

I sat in my office. The door was closed and tears were falling down my face. I don't know why I was crying. Mr. Waters isn't worth a tear. But that didn't stop me from feeling rejected. He didn't want me, he wanted to break me down and then toss me aside.

I guess I should've seen it coming. "You act like you have built a wall between yourself and I, and I enjoy taking it down brick by brick."  I thought back to what he said to me no more than an hour ago. He was right. He wanted to prove that he's irresistable and that no one can ignore his charm. I did build a wall between him and I and he somehow found a crack in it. 

There was a knock on my door. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand, trying not to smear my mascara in the process. "Come in."

"Mr. Waters would like to speak with you," The perky blonde from Mr. Waters' office said. He told her to come get me? After they had sex? I felt my tears emerge from my tear ducts once again, but quickly wiped them away. Mr. Waters really had no class. 

"Okay. Thank you," I said as bluntly as possible. She smirked mockingly before she left the room. I stared at the door that she left open for a few moments and debated whether to go to Mr. Waters or leave work early. I quickly grabbed some of my things that were scattered accross my desk and stuffed them into my purse. I logged off of my computer and turned off the lamp that sat on my desk. Five years working at Waters Incorporated and I have not once left work early. I left my office, breaking that record. 

"Ms. Carter," A voice that was all too familiar to me said as I approached the elevator. I knew who it was, I had no need to turn around and face the asshole. I continued towards the elevator and luckily it was open. I let myself inside and turned around to face the outside. Mr. Waters stomped toward the elevator with intent. "Where are you going?" He asked, still making his way towards the door. 

"I'm not feeling very well," I lied and added an obvious fake cough. His eyes widened, taken offguard by the way I replied. The elevator door closed, separating me from Mr. Waters, and I could finally take a deep breath. 

-

I spent the rest of the day walking around the city, trying to avoid my apartment for some reason. A voice in my head told me it was because I was afraid that Mr. Waters might possibly be there, waiting for me. I put that thought aside and tried to focus on other things.