Chapter Four

"Tulip! You've made it." He welcomed enthusiasticly. I could tell he was drunk by the way he walked. He leaned in to give me a hug but I just stood stiffly hoping he'd get the message that I didn't want to be hugged by him.

"Mr. Waters." I nodded, faking a small smile. He examined my outfit, not very discreetly. I wore black heels with a tight, dark red dress that had long, lace sleeves. It's the one dress in my wardrobe that I could possibly wear to a club.

A smirk grew on his lips while he checked me out head to toe. I stood there awkwardly, waiting for him to speak.

He took a step closer to me and brought his lips to my ear. "You look gorgeous," He said, his hot breath trickling down my neck, making me breathe uneasy.

He pulled away, noticing my reaction and smirked. "Come," He demanded, guiding me to a booth where a few people were sitting.

I followed. He sat down next to the model I saw on TV earlier. He patted on the padding of the booth, motioning me to sit there next to him. I sat down and looked at the people around the table. I recognized some of the people from tabloids and such, while the others I didn't recognize at all.

"This is my assistant, Tulip." Mr. Waters introduced.

"Rose." I mumbled.

"Her name is Rose, but I call her Tulip," He explained, turning his head to wink at me.

So he does know my actual name.

"Hey Rose," One of the guys said. "I'm Brody." Brody... Brody Jenner?!

"Hi." I smiled awkwardly.

I exchanged names with the rest of the people at the table and ordered a drink. Miranda, one of the models, started talking about this weird photographer that has been stalking her. I zoned out, not being able to relate to any of their crazy stories.

After a few minutes, I felt hot breath on my ear. "Do you want to dance?" Mr. Waters asked.

I nodded, taking the first chance to get away from the group of people. We stood up and he led me to the dance floor. He put his right hand on my lower back and pulled my body close to his. He took my right hand into his and I rested my other hand on his shoulder. 

He dances old fashioned. I felt myself smile, so I quickly pushed the thought out of my mind. 

"Your friends are weird," I admitted.

He chuckled. "Thanks." 

"All they talk about is sex, scandal, gossip, and paparazzi." I sighed. "Doesn't it get annoying?"

"No. I love sex." He said bluntly. 

"I can tell." I rolled my eyes.

It stayed silent for a few moments. I felt Mr. Waters' hand slide further down my back. Suddenly, I felt his hand resting on my ass.

I jumped and pulled away from his embrace. "What the hell?"  

"I need more alcohol." He stated before walking over to the bar. I awkwardly followed behind and sat down in a stool next to his. 

 He was already ordering his drink when I sat down. "Are you going to apologize?" I asked politely.

"For what?" He questioned, not looking at me.

"For touching my ass?" 

He shrugged. "I don't care." I watched the bartender make Mr Waters' drink, adding excessive amounts of alcohol in the mix. He then set the drink down in front of Mr. Waters.

I ignored his previous statement. "Do you realize how much alcohol is in that thing?" 

He nodded, beginning to drink the intoxicated beverage.

~

I should have cut him off. But he probably wouldn't of listened to me anyways.

He punched a guy, a guy who was trying to protect his girlfriend from Mr. Waters' attempts at getting her to sleep with him. Security told Mr. Waters to leave, and I had to go with him. 

We sat in the backseat of his limo. He began to look sad, at first I had no idea why. But then I thought that he might be getting a conscience for punching the random guy at the club. 

"It's okay, the man said he's not going to press charges against you," I said assuringly.

He shook his head. "That's not why I'm upset."

"Oh," I said. "Then why?"

"My father."

"What about him?" The limo slowly came to a stop in front of Mr. Waters' apartment building. 

"I never said sorry." He sighed. "I never said sorry for being such a horrible son."

"You weren't horrible..." I said.

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "How would you know?" I shrugged. "I hated him. I hated him so much, and for reasons that could of been mended. He hated me. And now he's dead... I'll never make it right."

"He loved you Nicholas." I sighed.

He looked up at me with question in his eyes.

 "He talked about you all the time. He was so proud of you. He loved you so much." I smiled. "He knew that you loved him too."

I saw him crack a little smile to himself before he quickly covered it with a smirk. "Wanna come to my room?"

I shook my head. "Good night Mr. Waters."