Chapter Eleven

I couldn't help but think of Mr. Waters. I think back to the other day in his office. I want more. I want more with him. "Maybe next time", he told me. I just wait for the next time. I've sat in my office the days following that day, just waiting for him to call my phone and say in his deep, sexy, masculine voice "come to my office".

I heard a snap sound, which awoke me from my thoughts. I looked down at the pencil I had just broken unknowingly. Then suddenly the phone rang. My heart leaped, expecting it to be Mr. Waters, who had been ignoring me to tease me for days. I quickly answered the phone with high hopes. "Rose Carter speaking, assistant to Nicholas Waters, how may I help you?"

I sighed when I heard the voice of a woman through the phone. "Hello Miss Carter, there's someone here for Mr. Waters. I feel like I should send her to your office first. Is that alright?" The secretary asked.

"Yes, thank you. Send her in." I set the phone on its dock.

Moments later, my door opened, and a woman, who looked like she was in her mid fifties, came through the door.

I stood up and extended my hand to greet her. "Hello, I'm Rose Carter."

She paused and stared at my hand for a moment, then accepted the gesture. "I'm Margaret Waters, Nicolas' mother."

I froze. "Oh," I said. I thought that his mother was dead. "It's so nice to meet you. I'll call your son here for you." I smiled. She looked nervous and uncomfortable, but she nodded. I called Mr. Waters, telling him to come to my office. A few moments later he was in the room, staring at the woman in front of him, petrified.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asked her, in an angry tone.

She turned and took a step towards him. "Nicholas, you've grown so much."

He took a step back and closed the door. "Answer my fucking question." My eyes widened at his rude tone.

"I've been working up the nerve to talk to you..." She said quietly. "I've changed."

His eyes were filled with anger or sadness, it was hard to tell which. "Get out." He spat.

"Nicholas... please," His mother pleaded.

"Rose, call security," Mr. Waters ordered me. I glared at him. "Now." His voice sharpened.

I nodded and picked up my phone hesitantly. "Okay, I'll leave," His mother said. "But I want to talk, Nicholas." She opened the door left after handing Mr. Waters something that looked like a business card. I set the phone back on its dock.

When the door closed behind her, Mr. Waters sat down in the chair in front of my desk. He put his arms over his head and let out a deep breath. "I haven't seen her in almost 15 years."

"Why?" I asked, sitting down in my seat.

"She's an alcoholic. When I was in junior high my dad sent her to rehab. She escaped 2 weeks after being admitted. I haven't heard from her since."

"Why didn't you give her a chance to speak?" I asked. "Maybe she did change."

He dragged his chair closer to my desk and leaned in. "You see this scar?" He pointed to the scar that I noticed a couple of days ago on his forehead. I nodded. "She would throw empty bottles of alcohol at me. She would throw me into a closet in my house and lock me in there for 12 hours, she'd let me out right before my father would get home from work. He didn't find out about how she abused me until a month before he sent her to the rehab center."

"Oh my god." I said, standing up and walking around my desk. I brought my thumb up to the scar on his head. "I didn't know."

"Nobody knows." He sighed, raising his arm to run his hand through his hair. "Except for my father, who's now dead."

I let my hand drop to my side. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's in the past. I just want to move on, that's why I don't want to speak to her," He explained. I cocked my head to the side, not knowing what to say. "I have to get back to work."

And with that he was gone, and I was left yearning for his presence once more.

"Where are you going?" I heard a voice call from behind me as I walked to my car. I spun around and found myself looking at a tall, dark, and handsome Mr. Waters.

I smiled. "Home," I said as I turned around and continued walking towards my car.

"May I come with?" He asked, running to catch up with my pace.

I stopped at my car, then reached into my purse to find the keys. "So now you decide to speak to me, after days of ignoring me."

He grabbed my hips and turned my body to face him. "I didn't ignore you, Tulip. I wanted to see if the absence of my presence drove you crazy, like the absence of yours did to me."

"Well, it sure seemed like it was ignorance. I don't think I like you anymore," I teased, escaping his grasp and opening the car door.

Spontaneously, I was lifted into the air and my back pressed against the window of the car. One of Mr. Waters' hands raised my skirt to my hips, exposing my underwear. His other hand firmly held my ass. His body was remarkably close, and his face lingered millimeters from mine. His eyes were piercing, hypnotizing. My rate of breathing changed. "You don't 'like' me anymore?" He said in a deep, angry voice.

I gasped. He must not of gotten the sarcasm in my voice. "I-I..."

"Let's just explore what you're missing out on, Tulip." He grasped me with one of his arms to protect me from falling, then opened the back door of the car. He tossed me onto the soft seat and climbed on top of me, closing the door on the way inside. "What makes me so unlikable, Tulip?" He questioned. "Is it this..." He brought his lips to my neck and started to suck on the soft spot of my neck.

I moaned. "I-I..."

"Shhhh..." He silenced me. He sat up and removed his shirt, revealing his perfectly toned chest and abdomen. "Or is it this..." He asked, trailing his fingers up and down my leg and to my crotch. He slid his fingers under my underwear and began to rub my sweet spot.

"I-I like that..." I managed to say.

"Oh, I know you do Tulip." He smirked. He slid his fingers into me and began to move them in and out. He left trails of kisses up my neck and to my face. He bit my lip, causing me to moan. "I could do so much more to you, Tulip. But you don't 'like' me..." He mocked, pulling his fingers out of me. He sat up to put on his shirt, and then opened the door.

I attempted to sit up. "I was joking."

He got out of the car and turned around. "You were joking?"

I nodded, scared of his reaction.

"I knew it." He smirked. "You can't get enough of me."

I rolled my eyes and got out of the backseat of the car. "I'm going home now, Mr. Waters," I said as I hopped into the front seat. "Good night."

"Don't think about me too much, Tulip." He winked.

I rolled my eyes. "Good night, Nicholas..."

"Good night, Rose."