Chapter Ten

My eyes widened. Not really an accident? "What?"

His face was white, as if he had just seen a ghost. "I don't know. That was my lawyer on the phone and she didn't say much. She wants me to meet her at her office as soon as possible."

"You should get going then," I said.

"Get your shoes on," He said, leaving my room.

I stood up from my bed and followed him into the living room. "What? Why?"

"You need to make up for those hours you missed when you ran off today. You can come with me to the law firm."

I nodded. I don't even know why he cared about my hours, since he seems to not care about his job very much. Pushing the thought aside, I went into my room and grabbed my shoes from the shelf in my closet then put them on. "I'm ready," I said, walking into the living area.

"Okay. The car is downstairs." He still seemed flustered and confused. We took the elevator downstairs and walked out to the street that was filled with taxis and pedestrians. His town car sat on the side of the road and the driver leaned against the silky black vehicle. He opened the door for us and we got inside. The car smelled of leather and air freshener. "I don't normally leave a woman hanging like that. I'll make it up to you," Mr. Waters whispered into my ear.

I turned my head and his was centimeters away from mine. A smug grin played on his lips. "We need to talk about what happened, but not right now," I said, looking over at the driver who was starting the car.

Mr. Waters chuckled and set his hand on my thigh. The car started to move, and so did his hand. It made its way further and further up my thigh. I bit my lip, thinking back to how his hands touched me earlier. My dress scrunched at the top of my thigh, clearly showing my bright blue underwear. "Mr. Waters," I warned.

His lips neared my ear again. "He's watching the road, not us, Tulip," He said under his breath. He pushed my hair out of my face and to my right shoulder, exposing my shoulder and neck. He brought his lips to my collar bone and started to leave trails of kisses across it then to my neck. I closed my eyes and my head tilted to the side to give him more room. His hand moved towards my inner thigh and his fingers began to massage my skin.

The car abruptly halted and my eyes shot open. "Sorry, sir," The driver said apologetically.

Mr. Waters brought his head up from my neck. "It's alright, Brad." I figured that Brad must be the driver's name.

"We've arrived at the firm," Brad said. I looked out the window and realized we were parked in front of a huge skyscraper.

"Thank you." Mr. Waters said before Brad got out of the car to open the door for us. Mr. Waters straightened my dress for me with a self-satisfied grin. The door opened and we made our way into the unbelievably large building.

"Hello, Mr. Waters. How have you been?" A very professional looking woman welcomed Mr. Waters as we walked into her office.

"I've been well," He replied. "This is my assistant, Rose Carter."

"Nice to meet you, Miss Carter," The woman said, extending her hand to shake mine. I accepted her gesture. "I'm Barbara Quinn, Mr. Waters' lawyer."

"Nice to meet you," I replied with a notable smile.

She nodded and paused for a moment. "Well please sit, we have much to discuss."

"Yes, let's get started." Mr. Waters said calmly.

We sat down in the two chairs placed in front of Mrs. Quinn's desk. She had a file on her desk that was labeled Nicholas Waters. "So, I know that you lost your father just a short while ago, but with some further research on his accident we have come across some new information..."