Part 12: Tedious Tension

FCKING FINALLY I'M DONE-

Also trying to make these chapters shorter because HNG-

Next Update: Next week

-------------------------------------

"Now, this has an interesting feature."

You found yourself standing in an antique shop called 'Blast from the Past' a fews away from where you were previously.

A place Marty had passed on his way to the cafe. You didn't want to go, but he pulled you along anyway.

The boredom led to you pulling on the strings of some old lamps by the window, repeating the pattern, "on, off, on, off, on, off," each time they clicked on and off.

Marty was listening to a sales lady about a sports Almanac he was eyeing from the window.

You weren't quite on the same page after Marty told you his intentions with the souvenir.

"Relax, Y/N. It's just a couple of sports games. It's not like I'm endangering the fate of our timeline or anything." You remembered him saying as he dragged you into the shop.

You told him it wasn't a good idea to change even the smallest little thing.

"What's got you so upset? There's nothing wrong with it. Besides, we're obviously gonna find out whatever happens to you at some point and save you so why not throw in a few extra bucks?"

That pushed you off the edge. Comparing his future riches to your untimely disappearance wasn't something you were too pleased about.

So when Marty's eyes landed on the red and grey magazine, you stood as far away from the counter as possible.

"Could you tell your friend to stop pulling on those. 70's lamps are priceless these days."

Just as the words left the lady's mouth, your hands stopped their movements but stayed clasped around the wooden end of the string connected to a tall, pink floral lamp.

You slowly turned your head to meet eyes with Marty.

It wasn't cute at all. Your eyebrows tilted inward, the corners of your lips pointed down, and your cold and unsettling eyes staring him down.

You felt like a child being scolded by their parent, but you had stood your ground when your grip tightened and pulled on the string once more to turn the light off. Your posture and expression screamed upset, sending Marty a glare hard enough to pierce through his head.

He, on the other hand, was confused. But he couldn't back down from any form of challenge and proceeded to shake his head disapprovingly at your behaviour.

Marty, experiencing you win many debates in school, knew well enough that your position in the voiceless argument was final.

But what exactly were you two arguing about?

To you, it was clear. You were trying to prove that he couldn't always just drag you around whenever he wanted for his own benefit.

That he couldn't compare your unanswered tragedy to his future title and riches.

You were always agreeing with him, always defending him, always on his side no matter how ridiculously wrong he was.

So, to Marty, you were being childish... No... Immature. You were unreasonably taunting him with your cold stare alone.