Part 18: Back to the Past

Here's the next chapter since I won't be updating next week :>

Next Update: After my exams
-------------------------------------

The sudden jolt made you stir. You felt so weak. Like the flu but a million times worse. The bubbling in your throat made itself known and you started coughing.

Marty jumped, loosening his embrace to look at you. "Y/N, you're awake!"

Doc turned to you for a second. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

The DeLorean had landed behind an all too familiar sign. The sky was still dark and the atmosphere was quiet. You found yourself asking the same question as before.

Where were you?

No.

When were you?

You tried to speak but breathing alone took up too much of your energy.

"F-fine," you mustered, feeling even weaker than you were. "Wh-s wrong w-th m-me?"

"I'm sorry, Y/N. But you might not want to look at your arm," Doc told you. Marty sent him a look.

You tried to lift your arms... You managed to do so with your left. But not the other one...

You couldn't even feel it.

You couldn't wiggle your fingers or bend your elbow.

Your eyes moved down along to your shoulder and you gasped, stopping at the sight.

Marty felt your entire body start to shake. You couldn't breathe, you couldn't move. You couldn't do anything.

"Y/N, calm down. It's okay, it's oka-"

"C-CALM DOWN?! M-MY ARM- MY- M-" You cried out.

He pulled you in for another embrace, calming you down.

"It's okay, N/N, we'll fix it. We'll fix it," Marty rubbed the back of your head, looking at the Doc pleadingly.

"B-but why- what- what happened?!" You forced yourself to speak, drawing you into another fit of coughs. Marty instantly rubbed your back as you tried to calm down.

"Don't worry, Y/N. Once we head back and restore the timeline, you'll be as good as new."

"B-But my Arm!" You wheezed into Marty's neck, holding back the urge to cry.

"Y/N, trust me. You'll be fine." Doc stepped out of the car.

You couldn't take it anymore. A quiet sob slipped through your lips as you desperately tried to hug Marty.

He did his best to comfort you, also trying not to stare at your disappearing forearm.

It was hard not to. The line moved up right below your joint. It was a bit sickening but also extremely concerning. What happens if your head were to disappear?

He lightly sucked in a breath, shaking the thought from his head.

Only then did he notice his white button-up worn like a jacket over your clothes.

Did the Doc put that on you?

Marty thought back to what he told him.

The Y/N from your new present thought of him as insane.

Doc must've judged the you that came to 1955 instead of the one he met through the natural course of time.

That was honestly really sweet...