Part 28: Setting a Date

The first half of this chapter is just me rewriting that one-shot I wrote like a million years ago.

-------------------------------------

"Ladies and gentlemen, as mayor of Hill Valley, it gives me great pleasure to dedicate this clock to the people of HIll Country!" Hubert spoke on a high platform next to the giant clock. "May it stand for all time! Tell me when, gentlemen!"

There was a drumroll. "Three! Two! One! Now!"

The mayor pushed the pendulum and it began to swing.

Everyone cheered.

Fireworks set off in the background as a band started to play.

"Let the festivities begin!"

"You know, it's fitting that we're here to witness this," Doc said as the three of you stood by the window of the saloon.

"It's too bad I didn't bring my camera," Marty said right before a camera popped by the giant clock.

"Ready?" The photographer asked as you stood beside Marty.

"The only problem is we'll never be able to show it to anybody," The Doc said through his teeth while he smiled widely at the camera.

"Smile, Doc," Marty said.

🕖 🕚 🕕 🕙 🕗 🕠

"Yee-Haw!" The band began to play a light, upbeat song while everyone danced and cheered.

"What great music," The Doc smiled.

"Yeah, it's got a beat and you can dance to it!"

"So..." You stood in front of Marty and held your hand out. "Care to dance then, Martin?"

Marty playfully scoffed and took your hand, dragging you to the centre of the dance floor and putting his other hand on your waist while you mimicked the people around you.

You both stumbled around the first moments, stepping on each other's shoes and bumping into other couples, but once you got the hang of it, you were moving pretty smoothly. Both of you were just enjoying yourselves at that point.

After a while, you two were just spinning and jumping randomly, both laughing and trying to get the other to stand still until you both fell off the edge of the platform.

You were on your back, hands clenching your stomach from all the laughter and Marty was laying on his side with his hand still linked with yours. "Shit, are you okay?" Marty asked, quickly getting up to help you. Once you were on your feet, you nodded.

"Did you hit your head?" He asked worriedly, hands holding you up by your arms.

You furrowed your eyebrows and looked up to meet his gaze.

He looked genuinely worried. "M-Marty, I'm..." Your voice softened as you trailed off, staring into his sparkling blue eyes.

It's been so long since you had a moment like this with Marty. Eight months since you last saw him. Eight months since you last kissed him.

You soon found yourself leaning in, Marty doing the same. "Fine..." You whispered, closing your eyes as the gap between you got smaller and smaller.

His lips barely grazed yours when you heard someone call your name, causing you both to pull away.

"Miss Brown! How 'bout it, huh? I heard you've recently takin' interest in the ol' equalizer."