| | Back to the Future 3 | |

"You look alright, Y/N," Doc spoke.

Your attention was pulled from the mirror as you watched Doc fix the bandana around his neck.

"A little historically inaccurate, but no one would notice. You'll be fine," he reassured you, coming over to playfully push your hat over your eyes.

You lightly chuckled, swatting his hand away. "Thanks, Doc. But I don't think I can last long without accidentally speaking like I'm from 1985," you said worriedly while Doc helped put your coat on.

"We lasted two days, Y/N..." Doc looked down at you and spoke with a firm voice. "You'll be fine."

You sighed and looked at yourself in the mirror.

You've spent the past two days treading the boiling desert and squatting in an abandoned shack, outer layers discarded and feet covered in dirt and sand. You were lucky to convince the townsfolk to believe that Doc was a blacksmith and you were his kid.

You've been having flashbacks since you arrived in 1885. Flashbacks of Marty's worried face down on the ground right before the time machine got struck by lightning.

You could still feel the electricity running through your hair.

"Doc? What the hell happened?" You asked after seeing the streets of 1955 transform into an empty desert, unaware of the date as the flux capacitor had worn out.

"I-... I don't know, Y/N..."

You both sat in silence while Doc flew around until you landed near a cave.

After seeing the lack of fuel, you both climbed out and examined the surrounding area. Just dirt and sand as far as the eye could see.

"Doc?" You called out.

"Yes, Y/N?" Doc quickly rounded the car to stand next to you, seemingly looking for whatever you had your covered eyes on.

Though, you weren't looking at anything. You lowered the hand which blocked the sun from your eyes and turned to the Doc. "Did we travel to the end of the world?"

"Y/N, don't be ridiculous. Once we get the flux capacitor up and running again, we'll find out where we've landed."

Silence washed over you once again as you both began to process what happened a few moments prior.

"But how will we fix it? This could be a prehistoric timeline."

"I don't know, Y/N."

"Isn't there a way to find out? There could be a small village or town nearby, right? There could be fuel!"

"I don't know, Y/N."

"But, you have to! You have to know where we are!"

"Y/N."

"Doc, what if we can't get back? What if we're stuck here? I don't wanna be stuck he-"

"I said, I don't know, Y/N!" Doc snapped, making you flinch and cover your ears.

The Doc sighed and shook his head. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I didn't mean to yell. I too am experiencing this hell of a situation."

You nodded and quietly apologised.

You also didn't mean to panic. But you were scared. You didn't know where you were and didn't have Marty with you...

"Wait, Doc, what about Marty?" You panicked, bending your knees and gripping your scalp much like a cartoon character. "Without us, he'll naver make it home! We gotta get back!" You jumped around, beginning to desperately scramble around.

"Y/N, what in God's name are you doing now?" Doc asked depressingly, leaning against the side of the DeLorean with his hand pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Doc! Come on! There has to be some kind of biodegradable stuff here! Please, Doc! Marty's waiting all alone and we're here! We're- in... We- we have to... We have to..." You fell to your knees and dropped your head.

Doc's eyes stared at your figure before him, frowning at your state.

"Y/N..." He crouched down and wrapped his arms around you. You jumped and hugged him tighter. "It's okay, Y/N. We're both stuck here. We're in this together."

You nodded and pulled away from his embrace.

Doc smiled and ruffled your hair before standing up.

"Now, come on. We travelled through time not through space. If this is the past, there has got to be a town nearby." The Doc held his hand out to you.

A smile formed on your face and you put your hand in his.

🕖 🕚 🕕 🕙 🕗 🕠

You've been walking for hours and hours. Though, you've gotten to a place without sand, only dirt. The heat had subsided once you escaped the treacherous desert and entered the rocky mountain range.

Both of you left the coat and Marty's button-up back in the car before you left.

Your shoes and socks were long forgotten, probably being eaten by vultures by now.

Doc offered to piggyback you but you refused, not wanting to pile on his already tired state, telling him you were fine.

But you weren't. You were also tired and the subtly present heat wasn't helping.

You cursed yourself for wearing overalls instead of shorts.

So you walked on —to be more specific, you limped on— feeling weak and sick.

It wasn't as bad as when you were "dying" but it was still torture.

All you could see was dirt as your head refused to lift itself. It looked as if it was getting closer by the second.

The dirt was almost in your face.

"Y/N!" You felt a hand grip the back straps of your overalls, preventing you from face planting into the ground.

You quickly fixed yourself, getting up and thanking the Doc.

"No need to worry any longer, Y/N. We're here," Doc told you, pointing forward.

You followed his gaze and gasped loudly.

A town. A small one just down the hill.

"Oh my god. We're-"

"Woohoo! We're in the old west, Y/N! We're in the old west! Ha, Ha!" Doc exclaimed, cheering and jumping in excitement.

You too began to chuckle and laugh in excitement.

Both for finding a town and for learning what time period you were in.

"Come on, Y/N! Let's rejoin society!" Doc ran, skipping down the hill hastily.

You smiled and ran after him.

-------------------------------------
Back to the Future 3 chapters coming soon :)