Paths (Delta x Dante, Arman and Gwyn)

Delta sits up and out of range, like an annoyed cat avoiding a person. And he had every reason to be annoyed. For the past 4 days he's felt harassed and pressured. All by 3 different people. He couldn't entirely blame one of them because he didn't entirely know any better. But that doesn't really change how Delta feels at the moment.

"Delta?"

He looks down from his little hiding spot to see Dante looking up at him. The look on his face resembled that of a guilty puppy. He realized what he had done, and he felt bad.

"What do you want?" Delta asks

"I'm sorry." Dante responds

He honestly sounded like he was about to cry. Delta sighs and drops down from his hiding spot. He places a hand on Dante's head. The energetic male looks up at him with innocent hope. Delta smiles. He can't stay mad at that face. He begins rubbing his head.

"Just chill. Can you do that for me?" Delta asks

Dante smiles and nods.

Later that day the rest of The Victories go to do something. Leaving Delta alone with Arman. The brunette tries to focus on launching his bey, only to miss fire. Ashindra goes out of control. Then it launches itself from the stadium, towards Delta, who snatches it out of the air. He stands up and approaches Arman, who began to blush. Delta hands Ashindra over. Arman avoided eye contact as he took it from Delta's hands.

"You're taking what I said way too personally." Delta comments

"Huh?"

Arman finally makes eye contact.

"I wasn't signaling out you earlier. I was annoyed yes, but I wasn't taking shots at anyone. All I want is a little space. I'll make my choice eventually, okay?" Delta explains gently

Arman perks up a bit.

"Yeah. But can you promise me something?" Arman asks

"Sure."

"No matter who you end up choosing, promise me we'll stay friends."

"I won't be choosing anyone who wants me to give up my friends."

Arman smiles at him a light shade of pink appear on his cheeks.

Night eventually falls and Delta finds himself unable to sleep. He gets up, puts on his jacket and shoes, and goes for a walk. As he was walking on the sidewalk near the river he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. He turns to see Gwyn, looking up at the sky. His back is turned and he's sitting quite close to the river, so there's no way he had seen him. Delta stops.

Gwyn was the least experienced with these emotions, so there's a chance he might be taking this the hardest. That's the last things he wanted. He walks down the the river side. As he gets close to Gwyn he clears his throat, which catches the albino's attention. He looks over his shoulder and.... Smiles.

"Hi, Delta. I didn't know you tend to be out this late." Gwyn greets

"I don't... I just couldn't sleep." Delta says, more than a little surprised by Gwyn's attitude

"Ah, I see. Well, since you're here why don't you sit down and watch the stars with me for awhile."

Delta takes Gwyn's suggestion. He sits down and looks to the sky. The stars shine brightly, and the moon's dim light feels almost soothing. For a moment Delta's thoughts become rather somber. He realizes what he sees now is a mere fraction of what the night sky could be. He hopes one day to see it at it's best and fullest.

"I understand." Gwyn suddenly says

"What?" Delta looks at him

Gwyn's eyes were still glued to the sky. The stars and moon reflect beautifully in his eyes.

"I understand. I know I'm not granteed to be the one you choose. And I understand why you had said what you say. I was getting carried away and needed a wake up call." Gwyn explains, eyes still cast to the sky

"Oh... Well thanks for understanding. You're taking this way easier than the other 2." Delta chuckles

Gwyn looks at him and smiles again. This time Delta smiles back.

The next morning Delta wakes up late. Having spent a significant portion of the night stargazing with Gwyn. He gets up and heads down to The Victories. He sees immediately that Arman and Dante were battling.

"Good morning, Delta."

Delta turns to see Gwyn, who was watching the battles. Delta smiles. Despite what happened yesterday they were basically fine today. Though he had no doubt they were awaiting his decision. Despite the situation the day carries on and everyone has a good time with each other. Finally things slow down and they all sit in the kitchen. Delta looks around.

Dante. Funny to think he once resented him to the point of calling him a pest to his face. Despite that Dante always treated with so much respect and admiration. Dante always knew what he continued to deny for the longest time. Somewhere deep down he liked Dante. Ever since he realized and accepted this fact things have just been a lot more fun.

Arman. It didn't take long for him to bond to Arman. Initially he attributed this to the fact they felt the same way when it came to their progress vs Dante's. However it quickly became clear he could not only relate to Arman but he could also trust him. With much more than he'd trust most others with.

Gwyn. While they haven't known each other for long, they still bonded closely to each other. Gwyn had opened up to him quickly. Sharing what he thinks about, inner emotions and, views on the world. His intelligence is only matched by his creative imagination. Around him there's a strange sense of peace. Like for the first time he's able to be at his most vulnerable no matter what.

Delta thinks for a moment. He thoroughly thinks about all parts of this decision. Finally he stands up with a confident smile. Dante, Arman, and Gwyn look at him curiously.

"I've made my choice." He says confidently

The 3 go wide eye as their heart rates pick up. They wait silently in anticipation. Delta opens his mouth and-

To be continued