A new bond (Shu x Jin)

This part was requested by Cancerous-Gasher-205.

Thanks for the request. And as always, I hope y'all enjoy.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A week after the tournament, and Shu found himself relaxing in the park with a book. Not that he was going to complain or leave the serenity willingly. So he stayed nice and cozy under a tree, enjoying the shade and the book. His eyes were fixed on the words, while his mind built up the world being describe in great detail.

Then he heard footsteps.

"Normal. It's a park after all. But, wait. They're coming towards me. None of my friends are the quiet. I would know if it was one of them." He thought quickly

He calmly looked up from his book to see Jin. He was confused but smiled.

"Jin, what a surprise." He said closing the book after he marked the page

Jin sat right in front of him, which confused the albino further.

"I want to get to know you." Jin said, point blank, no bullshitting

Shu blink at him before nodding calmly.

"Ah, I see."

He set his book aside focusing his attention on Jin, still smiling. The raven haired boy blush. He wasn't expecting that reaction, and the albino was charming. Very charming. So for 3 hours the two talked, opened up, to an extent, and generally had a pleasant time.

The longer they talked, the more Jin smiled. And Shu got to see under the mysterious vail that usually covered Jin. Revealing a softie of a sweetheart underneath.

Suddenly Shu's phone rang.

Contact name; Valt.

"Sorry, I have to answer this." He apologized

"It's fine." Jin dismissed smiling

Shu answered and before he could even say hello, his best friend started hollering about something. He couldn't even understand him. Or have the phone next to his ear for that matter. Not to mention the chaotic background noise. He made eye contact with Jin, who gave him a look of terror.

Becaue, like, duh. It sounded like a damn murder scene.

Shu knew better. This was more than likely a situation between friends and randos who can't mind their own businesses. He took a deep breath and set the phone down.

"Do you have a phone?" Shu asked

"Yeah, why?" Jin tilted his head

"I want to give you my number." Shu explained rather gleefully

Jin had to let that process for a moment. He never expected this. He handed over his phone, and Shu quickly put his number in. With his name, of course.

"Give me a call later." Shu handed the phone back a closed eyed smile

He then picked up his book, and his phone, and got up. He took yet another deep breath before calmly interrupting Valt, asking for where he is. He started up again.

Shu still couldn't understand him.

The albino looked to Jin, who gave him an empathic yeesh look. He laughed a little, shrugged, waved then walked away. Jin smiled watching the alibno leave. Who knew he'd get as far as he did.

*Bonus*

Shu was walking home, the sun setting. He managed to calm the utter chaos that Valt called him about. It wasn't easy and he was tired and unhappy.

His phone rings. He answered not even looking at the number.

"Hello?" Shu asked

"Hey, Shu." Jin's voice came through

"Hi, Jin. Boy do I have a story for you." Shu smiled with a light laugh