Wholesome moment (Valt x Delta)

Delta stands outside as the 3 way battle royale went on inside. He lets his mind wonder. Memories come and go. Thoughts manifest from the depths of his mind. One memory sticks out in particular.

The day he met Valt.

He wasn't immediately placed under Valt's instruction, but was quickly placed there. Having displayed power and determination above all at the time. Valt had treated him kindly from the moment they met. And for awhile he gave Delta almost undivided attention.

Then Dante showed up. Valt saw some of himself in Dante and Delta knew that. And for the longest time that, plus the shift into shared attention fueled a jealousy that lead to resentment. Of course that isn't the case now. But it's worth remembering that's how it started. Delta still looks up to Valt but, he no longer wants the spotlight to himself.

"There you are."

Delta snaps out of his thoughts and turns his head to the side.

"Oh, hey Valt. Aren't you supposed to be battling?" Delta asks, as Valt approaches him

"Yes, buuuuut...." Valt says and raises a hand to his ear

Delta gets the hint and listens closely. It didn't take long for him to hear it.

"Yup, that's yelling." Delta says

Valt laughs amused by that reaction.

"Aiger has a bit of a temper. Especially in private. That's always been a fact but, it's kinda funny." Valt says

Delta hums in response. He didn't know Aiger personally so commenting on that wasn't something he was going to attempt. Valt now takes on a calm expression, making direct eye contact with Delta.

"Ya know, I'm proud of you, Delta."

Delta's heart skips a beat. Did he hear that right? Was he imagining? Valt continues.

"After your defeat at the hands of Arthur, you could've given up. And yet you bounced back even stronger than before. I can't tell you how many bladders I've seen just give up after a big lose. It makes me happy you didn't. Even if you were considering it."

Delta quickly realizes this was actually happening. What he was hearing is exactly what Valt was saying. For reasons he didn't know Delta's face heats up.

"Well, you played a giant part in that decision." Delta states

Valt tilts his head confusedly. He was oblivious to what he had done.

"Giving up was looking really good. Whether you meant it or not you kinda talked me out of it. That and you're so pure it's hard not to be inspired by you." Delta explains

Valt smiles as a little blush crept on to his face.

"Aw, that's really sweet, Delta." He says happily

"It's just the truth." Delta mumbles sheepishly as he shifts on his feet a little

Valt chuckles. Then the door swings open and out come Aiger. Delta and Valt look at him, having been jump scared by his actions. The marron haired bladder was riled up and ready for another battle.

"You, we're going again!" Aiger says, or rather shouts at Valt

"Ah, so both of you are ready to lose again?" Valt asks, sassily which makes Delta chuckle

"IT WAS A TIE!!" Aiger explodes

"Sure." Valt says mockingly

Aiger growls and goes back inside. Valt looks at Delta with a smile, and Delta was simply trying not to laugh.