↳ The Story Behind the Story ~ Amiable_Writer

Written by 

Welcome back to the interview column! I'm MB and in this article, I get to talk with Chez [Amiable_Writer] about her brilliant book Foolish Friendship. We discuss where its inspiration came from, what it was like during the writing process, how to become a true Wattpad writer, and everything in between.

Hello Chez, thank you for talking with me today! First off—talk me through how it all began for you. When and why did you first join Wattpad?

I decided to join Wattpad in July of 2020. I wanted to join because I wanted to share stories with people. When the pandemic came, it gave me time to start writing the story I had in mind and publish it on here later.

So you had the idea before you even joined? Where do you think it even came from?

The idea for Foolish Friendship came from my experience with friendship. It inspired me to write a story about it. With all the free time I had, I decided to finally start writing the story.

What were the best and worst parts of the actual writing experience?

The best part was that I could express all the ideas I had in the way I wanted to. However, the worst part for me was writer's block, as well as not feeling any inspiration to write. I felt this many times throughout my writing journey, but I still managed to get back to writing when this happened.

What are your tips for getting your voice heard on Wattpad as a writer?

In order to be heard, I would recommend putting lots of tags on your stories, applying for contests, having a nice cover and blurb for the story, and connecting with the community, as well as updating consistently. These five things helped me become heard here on this platform.

And who are your favourite authors and books here?

Some of my favourite books are Where There's Light by keahlovee, Sweet Like Revenge by danielletalbury, How To Be The Best Third Wheel by summerbackthen, and Just Press Send by NikkiPierceBooks.

Back to your own book. Foolish Friendship, as the name suggests, revolves a lot around making friends and supporting one another. What do your friends think of your writing?

I haven't had a lot of my friends read my story just yet, but one of them read a few chapters out of the story recently. They told me that I had a great writing style and that they liked my characters, especially Roselynn. They also said how relatable some things that have happened are.

That's true, the story is highly relatable! How much of it is based on real life, and what is your high school experience like?

A large portion of the story is based on real life. I want readers who are/have been in high school to be able to relate to something in it.

As for my high school life, it has its ups and downs. It's been a lot to deal with friends and everything else, just like what Roselynn has to deal with in Foolish Friendship. Overall, high school has been mostly great, but it has its highs and lows.

And finally, do you have any upcoming or half-finished books you intend on releasing any time soon?

Definitely! I always have ideas for stories, so I'm usually always doing some kind of planning. I don't think I'll run out of ideas any time soon.

My current upcoming story that I will publish soon is a YA high school story with some romance. It features two main characters, who I hope will be somehow relatable too. I will be publishing it on my profile soon.

Great to hear, thanks for talking!

You're welcome!

You can read Chez's Foolish Friendship on her profile page Amiable_Writer and learn more about her on her socials:

Instagram @sheischezx

Spotify @sheischez