↳ The Story Behind the Story ~ BooksbyLwordpress

Written by mminecraftbees
Banner by Shannara_27

Hello! In today's interview, I'm finding out about a platform on Wattpad run by @BooksbyLwordpress. Her platform's name is Meet the Authors and offers a voice to all types of writers wishing to share more about their works.

Why did you start up Meet the Authors and what was the inspiration behind it?

I began MTA with the purpose of helping fellow writers gain some recognition. I wanted to help writers simply share their stories. Maybe these were writers with fewer views but lots of potential; maybe, they had just joined Wattpad. Either way, I just wanted to help authors get their stories out there.
MTA began in November 2017 with only one program. There are now four; the monthly edition, the contest edition, the alumni edition and the showcase edition.

What are some of the most interesting interviews you've ever held?

I don't know if I have any particularly interesting interviews per se. The MTA Showcase Edition is probably the most enjoyable for me to conduct because I get to see behind the scenes of a story. I always enjoy discovering how the book originated.

By what methods do you conduct the interviews?

I use private messages on Wattpad to hold all the MTA interviews.

Tell me about your other works.

So, right now I don't have a lot of stories outside MTA on my profile. Most stories I recently had were either moved offline or cleaned out. To learn about my novels I have a profile announcement story on my account that contains information regarding present and future stories.

What tips would you give to anyone who wishes to become successful in publishing a non-novel on Wattpad?

My advice would be to use feedback to your advantage for any of your Wattpad stories. Listen to your readers - the writer should have full control of how their story pans out, but maybe a reader might suggest a good idea for the plotline. As a writer, it isn't easy, but try to respond to comments left on chapters of your story. Readers usually like to be engaged with the writer as much as they want to be involved with the story.
Another tip for someone to get better at writing is maybe to construct a sheet of misspelt words or writing tips that they've recently learned. Also, read interviews by your favourite writers, or maybe do an interview of your own to share your stories, regardless of where and how your stories are being published.

Do you have any future projects planned?

I have many future plans, for example, I've got a supernatural trilogy idea that I plan to release soon. I have a couple of future teen fiction ideas as well.

How often do you write outside of MTA?

I write on and off every day. My usual routine is to check my Wattpad notifications, handle any MTA interviews and then return to my latest project. Usually, I write my chapters by hand and then type/edit the chapters on my laptop.

Finally, what's the best part of running MTA?

The best parts have got to be: conducting the interviews, seeing how many people want to be involved in my platform, seeing similarities between the applicants and myself as a writer, and learning about other Wattpad stories.

And what's the worst part?

The worst part about running MTA would be trying to get ahold of applicants because so many of them don't respond.

Thanks for talking!

You can check out MTA on @BooksbyLwordpress 's account, and apply to feature in the Story Behind the Story in the Interviews Form chapter. Don't forget to leave a vote if you enjoyed reading!