↳ Excerpts from @-butterfliesarise-'s Reviews

Banner by winnie_loves_honey

Reviews by -butterfliesarise-

Edited by RRislife

Disclaimer: The reviews have been edited to retain conciseness and spoiler-free. To read the full review, please visit our review shop, Kannada Script Reviews Shop.

Between the Stars Rainbow_Indigo02 

Title (4/5):

The title is something that I can't see the meaning behind yet, but since only four chapters of the book have been published, it is totally understandable. I suggest for the author to make sure that the title is related to the book in the upcoming chapters.

Cover (5/5):

The cover fits the story perfectly. It's really pretty, and I feel that the font complements the cover very well. Nothing needs to be changed there.

Blurb/Synopsis (5/5):

The blurb is awesome! I really love it, and I found it very intriguing and eye-catchy. It contains the right amount of description and gives away the gist of the book without giving away too much of the plot. Still, like I always do, I have provided a slightly improved version of the already awesome blurb.

310 years after Climate Change ravaged the world, and The Current, a highly radioactive field that scientists created to put an end to the damage around the world, a city lies in ruins. Protected from the radiation only by the huge dome that encompasses the city, civilization is at the brink of extinction, and only the Current is keeping them alive.

After her sister is chosen to be one of the five innocents that must leave the safety of the dome to refuel the radioactive field that is both killing and saving them, Lacuna is left to care for her crumbling family all alone. And when her father runs off with the last of their remaining money, there seems to be only one solution- volunteer to become one of the sacrifices, and hope to return in time to provide her struggling family with the money they so desperately need.

But the governors and the boy Lacuna is possibly falling for aren't what they seem, and they're willing to risk the lives of the entire city for power. Both the citizens and the governors want control, but only one will be able to get it.

Genre (5/5):

The genre is definitely science fiction, as the book contains all of the features that a science fiction one should have.

Originality (10/10):

The book is completely original. It kind of reminds me of "The Hunger Games", but the theme and the way the plot moves is completely original from that story. The uniqueness proved to be a hooking factor in this book, and I found myself completely lost in the authentic and interesting plot. An "Awesome Job!" to the author for the creativity and originality.

Description (10/10):

There's only one word that I can use to describe the descriptions in this book, and that is "phenomenal". The descriptions took me to a whole new world, and I felt as if I was living in the book. All the descriptions are so, incredibly detailed, and provide a platform to the reader which leads them to a world that is perfectly showcased. I can tell that the writer has described the setting, characters, and emotions exactly the way they want it to be, and that is incredibly hard to do, no matter how weird that might sound. Providing a visual to the reader of what exactly the author is talking about is a really hard task, and this author has really outdone themselves.